Anonymous is hacking Israeli Web sites

anuseems

Earlier today we learned that experts were advising organizations not to let their guard down since even though Israel and the Palestinian Hamas had signed a ceasefire agreement, hackers might not do the same.

However – although this may not apply to all groups – Anonymous has asked hacktivists supporting OpIsrael to stop launching attacks. They explain that although they don’t have any problem interfering in a war, they don’t want to interfere with peace.

In a statement, members of Anonymous Global have explained that they “feel” like they have succeeded in accomplishing their goals.

“No one in the world desires a just and lasting peace more than Anonymous. While we in the collective have no problem interfering in war, we do NOT believe it is productive to interfere with peace,” they wrote.

“We will therefore stand down immediately from all further cyber attacks upon the IDF or Israel so as not to risk this delicate and perilous cease fire arrangement. Likewise, we encourage all those cyber groups who have joined with us to also cease and desist now from aggressive acts, and give this cease-fire a chance,” they added.

“We ask this NOT on behalf or for the benefit of either the government of Israel, or Hamas - but we beg it of you on behalf of the innocent people of Gaza, that they may no longer be slaughtered with impunity.”

On the other hand, the hacktivists claim they will continue to monitor the Internet and other communications related to Gaza. They also highlight the fact that they’ll continue to advocate for a lasting peace between Palestine and Israel.

“Operation Israel is NOT going anywhere, and the innocent people of Gaza will never be alone again. Let this Operation be an object lesson to any government or entity anywhere who believes they can turn off the Internet,” they concluded.

• Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Israel is just defending it's own country.

You seem to be misinformed. Israel is not a country, it's an occupational colony.

I think nsaneforums is not forum for discussions like this.

I totally agree. And I wish discussing politics/religion would be disallowed in nsaneforums to avoid unnecessary complications which ALWAYS arises one way or another in such discussions.

I think nsaneforums is not forum for discussions like this.

I totally agree. And I wish discussing politics/religion would be disallowed in nsaneforums to avoid unnecessary complications which ALWAYS arises one way or another in such discussions.

Without meaning to personally attack any of you: whenever I read something like that (and it does come up a lot!) it gets me worked up. I completely disagree with you.

When there is injustice in the world (not just talking about the Palestinians here), it should be discussed every where and by every one. Especially by rational people, if not, who will? It is not be acceptable that "yea... the situation is messed up in that part of the world" lets continue with our lives. It is not ok to be complacent. And it certainly not ok that these topics are only discussed when things get worse and get media attention! As long as there is injustice in the world, no matter the severity of the situation it needs to be stopped. If you really care about a cause why not discuss it and find out if you're wrong? Spreading the truth is the only way to resolve these kinds of conflicts, where money and manipulation are used to serve political agendas.

This forum not dealing with politics is not a weakness in this situation, it's a strength: it almost guarantees that no one is here to intentionally start a fight nor to attack any one, hence there is room for constructive discussion. You all just happen to be "here", a huge issue arises, you as rational beings should take the opportunity to discuss it.

can we stay on topic or just close this thread?

btw is Israel is a country so get over it. join the 21st for once. stop the hate for once

<p>When there is injustice in the world (not just talking about the Palestinians here)Correct! Its just not the civilians in Israel / Palestine but everywhere in the world.Discussions lead to exchange of thoughts and awareness., it should be discussed every where and by every one. Especially by rational people, if not, who will? It is not be acceptable that "yea... the situation is messed up in that part of the world" lets continue with our lives. It is not ok to be complacent. Again well said.And it certainly not ok that these topics are only discussed when things get worse and get media attention! As long as there is injustice in the world, no matter the severity of the situation it needs to be stopped. If you really care about a cause why not discuss it and find out if youre wrong? Spreading the truth is the only way to resolve these kinds of conflicts, where money and manipulation are used to serve political agendas.

Exactly you hit the bull's eye.Its not a war , its fight for the basic rights and its happening in all countries ( ex corruption , political dominance , poor governance etc)This forum not dealing with politics is not a weakness in this situation, its a strength: it almost guarantees that no one is here to intentionally start a fight nor to attack any one, hence there is room for constructive discussion. You all just happen to be "here", a huge issue arises, you as rational beings should take the opportunity to discuss it.Here how nsaneforum gets affected is because of dominance in our lives by autocratic b'crats , poor/corrupt . .implimentation of funds in terms of aids for poor , education , learning centers leading to joblessness , brain drains we have just a few coders and a very few software buyers.Had there been equality ( in terms of living standards), freedom to live and speech, job assurance and economic stability we'd ve been discussing the quality of softwares with the developers rather than the quality of solution.It would have been a different play ground.Well to be frank enough I daily commit a few murders but thats my job for safeguarding the innocent living beings.. always wishing within for a beautiful peaceful healthy world.

I will totally agreed with @anuseems ;). As long as humanity live among us, there is still hope :) (I hope my grammar is not grammar Nazis :P )

btw is Israel is a country so get over it. join the 21st for once. stop the hate for once

Hate? Well, it's natural to hate any form of invasion.

And you should get your facts straight. Israel is an occupational colony on Palestinian soil.

In any case, as I said, these topics should be banned. There's no point whatsoever in discussing it here since it will accomplish nothing.

Anonymous actions are 80% politically motivated, not that they want to have their actions with technically 100% success but they want to bring attention on different problems, why wondering that people discuss politics? I think many people started to think about problems at all only because of operations with media attention from Anonymous, no matter how successful they were. It's a part of our lives, sometimes more and sometimes less, depends on if it affects you directly or indirectly or not or if you are interested or not.

If you want to have politic discussions banned, you should vote for banning politic news from the news section too, ban Anonymous, ban everyone out of the forums who says anything that's related to politics, you can't do it partially or pick this and that, do it right or don't do it at all. Also ban the News Hound (sorry bro, take it easy :P).

There actually is much more in the world that needs to be discussed and where attention is completely missing but in that point you are right, it's not an politics forum only but has a news section for current proceedings around the world, as long as people can talk with each other without any personal disputes, it should be fine.

To say something wrong and learn something new is better than saying nothing at all. A forum is information, communication and conclusions. I bet many people from around the world can learn much more from each other with their POV's than some people from the same country or culture. That is one point why i`ve chosen nsane.

funny i seem to remember it was muslims countries that attack and invade Israel and got their butts handed to them everytime. have a nice day in fanasty land

No need for politically motivated discussion in a news topic like this.

I'll put a lock on it.

Archived