Anonymous is hacking Israeli Web sites

anuseems

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet as its a rather interesting battle and I wonder what the long range outcome will be as no doubt Anonymous has scored some victories in this fight

http://gizmodo.com/5961399/anonymous-destroys-israel-by-taking-down-hundreds-of-websites-and-leaking-emails-and-passwords

but this is far from over or even really just started, but it is one of the largest examples of cyber warfare to date so I would have thought interest would have been higher.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/17/anonymous-is-hacking-israeli-web-sites/

http://www.anonpaste.me/anonpaste2/index.php?cddefe41e70b47f1#YslgrtM6sgfngddFbLFJ699F7N9FgLtwuqayxtB4luA=

@https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/r27740650-Anonymous-is-hacking-Israeli-Web-sites

• Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anonymous whores will feel soon the power of Israeli hackers , believe me they will regrade the mess with IL when we are under missiles attack :)

bull...

they trying every war .org.il sites and news sites and failing!!!

when they succeding on "small" sites they posting screenshots "faced" for proove...

Israeli_Eagle

anonymous whores will feel soon the power of Israeli hackers , believe me they will regrade the mess with IL when we are under missiles attack :)

Only the problem is that many Israeli companies not hire the best hackers & security pros, because the prices are too high. :huh:

"We will not learn to live together in peace by killing each other's children." - Jimmy Carter

Neither Israel nor Palestine be categorized as evil or good. It 'll be wrong to sided with either one. Lets stop the war, not anymore...

Whores? Why?

Because they act on something every person with an intact brain on the planet believes is a genocide?

I never could understand how the people who suffered the most from Hitler's Nazis about 80 years ago, are today's worst oppressors... :(

I agree when Israel claims a right to protect their own land and borders but that does every country, the conflict lasts so long now, up, down, better, worse but nothing changes for anyone there.

One rocket from Gaza: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

5 years later: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

10 years later: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

100 years later: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

1000 years later: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

You see, it will not end. It's dumb. Israel is nothing better than any other country that does a genocide in the past, Israel will do that on the way into the future, they do it already. Israel has the biggest western nations behind them, the US, the UK, Germany nor France, no one would just stay there and let a couple of countries around them exterminate Israel. So why do they fear exactly that? You can't imprison and isolate or threat the Palestinians for ever, that will not work.

It's funny to see that in the US live more jews than in Israel. So why do they need so many parts of Gaza for their settlements, when they just can live in the US if space is not enough? :lol:

Israel is not more worse in military technology than any other western country. And they have a better military force than any other country in Middle East. I'm not an politician but i would give Gaza back to the Palestinians, completely. There is no other way around it. Give them back their region, remove the israeli settlements from Gaza, that would be the first step into a better situation instead right now.

I agree when Israel claims a right to protect their own land and borders but that does every country, the conflict lasts so long now, up, down, better, worse but nothing changes for anyone there.

One rocket from Gaza: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

5 years later: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

10 years later: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

100 years later: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

1000 years later: "We have to send soldiers and kill people, they shoot missiles on us."

You see, it will not end. It's dumb. Israel is nothing better than any other country that does a genocide in the past, Israel will do that on the way into the future, they do it already. Israel has the biggest western nations behind them, the US, the UK, Germany nor France, no one would just stay there and let a couple of countries around them exterminate Israel. So why do they fear exactly that? You can't imprison and isolate or threat the Palestinians for ever, that will not work.

It's funny to see that in the US live more jews than in Israel. So why do they need so many parts of Gaza for their settlements, when they just can live in the US if space is not enough? :lol:

Israel is not more worse in military technology than any other western country. And they have a better military force than any other country in Middle East. I'm not an politician but i would give Gaza back to the Palestinians, completely. There is no other way around it. Give them back their region, remove the israeli settlements from Gaza, that would be the first step into a better situation instead right now.

Damn right ridiculous.

Israel is just defending it's own country.

Sure, but from what kind of threat exactly my friend?

From the Hamas rockets?

Come on, it can't be your best argument, surely you can do better. Otherwise, it would be globally acceptable for anyone to target innocent civilians, women and children just to retaliate.

Let's face it. The situation in the West Bank is an occupation. And every occupation creates resistance. And even if the various propaganda mechanisms try to present it as "terrorism", it is still resistance.

Unless I live on the wrong planet...

Great power should bring great responsibility...but Israel isn't showing it properly. As far as I know... Hamas/Palestine's military power is nothing compared to them...for humanity's shake...stay back...

But I must add...I can't give clean-cheat certificate to Hamas. I know how much brutal Muslim extremist terrorist groups are (disclaimer: I'm not attacking any particular religion, hope nobody 'll get offended)..and how much successful they are in creating tension between two countries.

And at last not the least...this attack is as bad/guilt as America had shown to Iraq. Period. <_<

• Administrator

There should be no war or violence. From either side. They should settle things peacefully.

Violence has mostly negative effects and should be avoided at all costs. Again, whether it's Israel or Hamas or any other country in the world.

Anonymous Hackers Hit Israeli Sites In Retaliation For Gaza Attacks

As the Israeli army rains shells on the Gaza strip Thursday, it’s also gone on the offensive online, posting videos of its attacks on Hamas targets and live-tweeting its campaign. Now the hacker group Anonymous has responded with a digital bombardment of its own.

In a series of attacks it’s calling “OpIsrael,” Anonymous went on a spree of website defacement and takedown attacks Thursday, calling on members to flood forty sites with junk web traffic designed to knock them offline and defacing websites including the privacy firm Israeli Security Academy and a blog the group described as belonging to the Israeli Defense Forces. “We Anonymous will not sit back and watch a cowardly Zionist State demolish innocent people’s lives.” reads one message posted to a defaced site, along with an image of smoke rising over what appears to be a Palestinian city.

Perhaps a bit hyperbolically, the message added, “We have taken down your top security and surveillance website.”

Another message on a hacked site attributes the attack to Pakistani Anonymous hackers: “The people of Pakistan are always supporting the brave people of Gaza, we love you!”

Update: As the Gaza conflict continued over the weekend, Anonymous has ramped up its tactics to attack hundreds of sites and spill tens of thousands of Israelis’ data.

Anonymous Twitter accounts provided links to what they described as an Anonymous Gaza Care Package with tools for staying online if Israel cuts Internet service the Gaza Strip during its military action. Another hacker group, Telecomix, provided its own detailed instructions in English and Arabic for using dial-up connections, a technique it first suggested during the Egyptian Internet outage surrounding the Arab Spring protests there last year.

“To the people of Gaza and the “Occupied Territories”, know that Anonymous stands with you in this fight,” reads a press statement from the hacker group. “We will do everything in our power to hinder the evil forces of the IDF arrayed against you. We will use all our resources to make certain you stay connected to the Internet and remain able to transmit your experiences to the world.”

Gazan and Israeli forces have traded volleys of fire over the last day, inflicting damage on both military and civilian targets. By CNN’s latest count, three Israelis and 13 Palestinians had died as a result of the conflict.

Anonymous’ attacks, as usual, achieve more as propaganda than in actual damage. Most of its target sites seem to have remained online, and several downed and defaced sites seemed like random low-hanging fruit: A manufacturing an export company and a real estate law firm, for instance.

But the online attacks draw attention to the Gazan side of an information war in which Israel has been unusually aggressive: In the days leading up to its attack, the official Israeli Defense Force twitter feed has provided a constant stream of messages about its offensive in the region as well as Israeli civilian and military casualties caused by Hamas rockets fired from Gaza. Its tweets have linked to aerial videos posted to YouTube, showing the assassination of a Hamas leader and the bombing of what the IDF described as a “rocket warehouse.” By the IDF feed’s latest count, it had attacked 250 terrorist sites in retaliation for 274 rockets launched from Gaza, in addition to 105 intercepted by its “Iron Dome” missile defense system.

In one message, a popular Anonymous account offered its gratitude to the IDF for riling so many hackers with its public tweets about the conflict. “We may need to thank [the IDF twitter account],” the message read. “You bonded a lot of Anons together again. Gaining Momentum.”

@ http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2012/11/15/anonymous-hackers-deface-israeli-sites-in-retaliation-for-gaza-attacks/

just to remind you ppl that hamas as far its goes to international war law are making a war crimes , since first they fire behind / inside civilian places and sec they fire it OVER civil places (Israel cities) , so they should be all go to huag facing charges of war crimes .

that is the true :) , beside of that i do my best to keep political issue away from here since we got ppl all over the world and i respect them what ever country they are :D.

peace and love :wub:

Steinitz: Israel beat back 43,999,999 and a half cyber attacks

Latest

Ever since the beginning of Operation Pillar of Defense, hackers have been working overtime to strike a blow against the Israeli government's computer systems, Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said Sunday. No fewer than 44 million attacks have been recorded since the operation began five days ago — with nearly all of them failing, thanks to the recent strengthening of computer defense systems in Israel.

Speaking at a special press conference at the Government Computing Center in Jerusalem about the cyber war against Israel that has accompanied Hamas's rocket attacks, Steinitz said that hackers "are trying to disable the symbols of Israeli sovereignty, to enter web sites and install anti-Israel content, thus compromising information and data and damaging the government's ability to serve the public." Most of the attacks, he said, were against government sites, like the Prime Minister's Office site, and security-related sites, such as that of the Home Front Command, the body charged with informing Israelis on how to protect themselves in the event of an attack.

Out of those 44 million-plus attacks on government and defense related sites, said Steinitz, only one succeeded – partially. One site, which he did not name, was "wobbly for a few minutes," but quickly recovered. Even though the government has been successful in warding off hack attacks, Steinitz said that government sites were fully backed up and mirrored, meaning that they could be replaced by a duplicate site instantly if the original site were compromised.

So just who is behind the attacks? Steinitz said that the government's computing unit had traced many of the attacks to IP addresses in the US and Europe, and not to Arab countries. While Steinitz could not say whether these hackers were affiliated with Anonymous, the international hacker organization that has pledged to destroy Israel's computing system in solidarity with Palestinians in Gaza, the methods being used by the hackers were consistent with the kinds of attacks Anonymous is known for.

Carmela Avner, the government's chief information officer said that "we haven't seen many attempts to enter sites and steal data. Most of the attacks have been of the type where hackers try to overload servers with excessive data," such as in distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks or "e-mail bomb" attacks — both of which try to overload servers to the extent that they are unable to function. According to Avner, the web site of President Shimon Peres has been a major target of hackers using these methods, with over 20 million attempted DDoS attacks on the site, all of which have failed.

Other types of common attacks on Israeli sites include hackers pejoratively known as "script kiddies" running prepared scripts looking for security holes. While such attacks have succeeded against sites stored on servers that haven't been updated with the latest security software, the government sites are secure from such attacks, said Avner. "We have not closed any sites, but we have prevented access from IP addresses that we determined were problematic," she said.

The news probably comes as a huge disappointment to Anonymous, whose #OpIsrael hashtag was riding high on Twitter Friday and Saturday, but dropped precipitously on Sunday, possibly because the attacks on Israeli government sites were not working. However, the hackers were able to change the web pages of numerous private sites that presumably were not well protected.

The government computing unit was informed in advance that the Gaza operation was set to begin, and it shored up defenses of sites under its responsibility accordingly. "We've been facing some very tough challenges, but we have succeeded," said Avner. "We are used to working in emergency conditions, and we are prepared to continue meeting those challenges."

@ http://www.timesofis...-cyber-attacks/

Smells like propaganda, like "Hey, look how Anonymous fails, hopefully they won't try to blame us again, because they can't anyway, as you see now."

Real attacks: some hundreds to thousands, official attacks like 999999999999. Who believes that?

OMG. :lol:

Smells like propaganda, like "Hey, look how Anonymous fails, hopefully they won't try to blame us again, because they can't anyway, as you see now."

Real attacks: some hundreds to thousands, official attacks like 999999999999. Who believes that?

OMG. :lol:

Seriously?!! Posted Image Posted ImageOh God Why..

The Israeli government names the WHOLE Asia "terrorist", and yet they kill pretty much every one in their Effing territory in Palestine. They have no idea what terrorism means.

I think nsaneforums is not forum for discussions like this.

But to think someone can justify murdering of innocent children is horrible.

We truly live in sick world, build on double standards and hypocrisy.

as usually blah blah blah.

take the start point of last year.

the facts are israeli doesnt go looking for battle and attacking. hamas terrorist are the ones that is doing it. period. if i shot 100's rockets randomly into any of your countries your nation would attack to defend. bottom line.

as for what this thread was SUPPOSE to be about. Anonymous seems to be jsut random gropus caming the "Anonymous" name to do crap. i have never seen or read of them taking on the terrorist websites. or very nasty pro terrorist nations. nor communist nations. that shoudl tell you something. if they where any good at hacking they would find barry's ak obama's pass history and birth cert. obama done more harm to Anonymous then anyone else ever

Archived