• Views 599.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• november_ra1n

• Mohamed atif

• johnse7en

• mastirta

Hi can anyone help please.I brought a laptop from a shop with Windows 8 oem pre installed, its a genuine key and I've backed it up using the latest mk toolkit posted in the forums on here.how do I get the free 8.1 upgrade.can I get it from the app store.<br />Thanks.

Hi can anyone help please.I brought a laptop from a shop with Windows 8 oem pre installed, its a genuine key and I've backed it up using the latest mk toolkit posted in the forums on here.how do I get the free 8.1 upgrade.can I get it from the app store.<br />Thanks.

The update should appear in the Store yes. If not, try this:

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/185569-store-doesnt-work-on-windows-8-pro/?p=637145

Thanks yorel.I can connect to the store.what do I search for. Nothing was in the store with any updates.only app updates

Thanks yorel.I can connect to the store.what do I search for. Nothing was in the store with any updates.only app updates

Once you go to Store it you should see a big windows called Update Windows. If not, launch Windows Update and make sure you have all updates installed and, after, go to Store again.

If the update still doesn't appear, check out the link I provided you before.

Thanks. I'll try windows updates first.I'm in the store now on the main page. Nothing saying update windows.there is only a link in the top right corner saying updates but I go in there and its just for apps and not windows 8.1.would it matter if I'm on core OEM or do I have to be on pro to get the free update to 8.1.

Thanks. I'll try windows updates first.I'm in the store now on the main page. Nothing saying update windows.there is only a link in the top right corner saying updates but I go in there and its just for apps and not windows 8.1.would it matter if I'm on core OEM or do I have to be on pro to get the free update to 8.1.

Make sure have KB 2871389 installed in your normal windows updates :)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2871389

Edited by tezza

Thanks tezza.I'm doing all the windows updates now that are on there. Hope that's 1 of them.

You only need that one, to save youself time.

Reboot and if still can't see, copy and paste this link in browser

ms-windows-store:WindowsUpgrade

Thanks for all your help and advice.trying now.I'll keep you posted to see if it works.if not I'll also use your link.

Just installed all the updates, rebooted and in the store now is the box to update to 8.1.many thanks tezza.

Great to hear it.

Thanks tezza for the link, I just kept it for future times ;).

Edited by Yorel

Dear nopember rain I need confirmation ID for My Windows 8 Pro Build 9200 with installation ID:

And the last 5 digit: VCBQP

Thank You :)

Dear nopember rain I need confirmation ID for My Windows 8 Pro Build 9200 with installation ID:

And the last 5 digit: VCBQP

Thank You :)

PM Send >>>>>> de44.png
Done by UK Call Center [+448000188354] .

Thank you.. Now My Windows 8 Pro Build 9200 isi activated :)

I have Windows 8.1 X64 Core Edition and for some odd reason I can't upgrade to Pro it keeps telling me I can not add features to this edition of windows. It is because I am using KMS spico or something like that and it only activates it for a limited amount of time and I am guessing it needs permanently activated before it will allow you to upgrade. So is there any way around this if so that would be great.

I have Windows 8.1 X64 Core Edition and for some odd reason I can't upgrade to Pro it keeps telling me I can not add features to this edition of windows. It is because I am using KMS spico or something like that and it only activates it for a limited amount of time and I am guessing it needs permanently activated before it will allow you to upgrade. So is there any way around this if so that would be great.

Please, next time you've a doubt about Windows 8.1 post it here:

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183846-windows-81-rtm-downloads-activation-via-phone-or-kms-repository/

If you activate your copy by using KMS you won't be able to add WMC. The only way nowadays is activating it by phone.

I tried to activate it by phone. Just all mak keys I found didn't seem to work. Otherwise I would have done it that way. And since it isn't a permanent activation I don't see how kms would affect it at all as long as a permanent key is installed and activated later I think it should be fine.

I tried to activate it by phone. Just all mak keys I found didn't seem to work. Otherwise I would have done it that way. And since it isn't a permanent activation I don't see how kms would affect it at all as long as a permanent key is installed and activated later I think it should be fine.

The key published in the link I provided is working perfectly (-C36VD).

If you wanna try the telephone activation first you must delete the key installed by following these commands:

slmgr.vbs -upkslmgr.vbs /cpky

I did that and used the key and it said running windows non core edition. So how do I find out what edition I am running?

Go to Control Panel-> System and Security-> System.

It just says Windows 8.1 pro keys will not work when trying to get it activated. Only ones that are listed as core edition keys. I just can't find any core edition keys that actually work. If there is any out there that work just temporarily enough for me to upgrade it to pro then that would be great.

november_ra1n

It just says Windows 8.1 pro keys will not work when trying to get it activated. Only ones that are listed as core edition keys. I just can't find any core edition keys that actually work. If there is any out there that work just temporarily enough for me to upgrade it to pro then that would be great.

if you are using Windows 8.1 Core Edition you need to convert to Pro Edition see instruction there >>> Upgrading Windows From Core Edition to Pro Edition [Also Upgrading From Pro To WMC]

Then use Windows 8.1 MAK Key to activate however you in wrong topic keys has been posted on another topic >>>> http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183846-windows-81-rtm-downloads-activation-via-phone-or-kms-repository/