Best Utorrent Version

fugitiv3

hello guys.. I have searched the forum but it seems that I cannot find an answer for my question.. If this thread has been re-posted please delete this and give me the link to the other.

So I am using the latest Utorrent (3.x.x).. but it seems that a lot of people argue that the best version to use is 2.2.1 or 2.0.4.

Can you please tell me which is the best STABLE version + Build of utorrent that can be used in private trackers?

• Replies 30
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My advice would be to ditch utorrent altogether and go for qbittorrent. More stable and faster for me. Tried it once and never looked back. :)

To answer your question directly, I've also heard people saying use version 2.2.1, but also 1.8 (the one before the big sell-out). It really makes no perceptible difference in performance, though (at least none that I've been able to detect). I do like the 1.8 version the most, because it has none of the bullshit features they've implemented into utorrent later on.

Hope this helps! ;)

My advice would be to ditch utorrent altogether and go for qbittorrent. More stable and faster for me. Tried it once and never looked back. :)

To answer your question directly, I've also heard people saying use version 2.2.1, but also 1.8 (the one before the big sell-out). It really makes no perceptible difference in performance, though (at least none that I've been able to detect). I do like the 1.8 version the most, because it has none of the bullshit features they've implemented into utorrent later on.

Hope this helps! ;)

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have installed 2.2.1 Build 25302 now in order it to test it. Lets see..

I will also agree with Alanon, that the best version would 2.2.1 or earlier. But it will advisable to use 2.2.1, it doesn't have any ads or other craps implemented.

• Administrator

+1

Actually, a lot of good changes have been made since then. Unfortunately, I've only seen those changes effect negatively. :s

+1

Actually, a lot of good changes have been made since then. Unfortunately, I've only seen those changes effect negatively. :s

So you were using utorrent and then went to qbittorent and stayed with it?

• Administrator

Yes. Using qBittorrent since then. uTorrent may seem professional, but I don't like it anymore after I switched to qBittorrent.

Yes. Using qBittorrent since then. uTorrent may seem professional, but I don't like it anymore after I switched to qBittorrent.

Thanks I will give it a try!

but qbittorrent does not support windows 8 . :(

Its working fine over here... I have installed it and it is downloading.. win 8 pro x64

Guys where in the program can i check if my port is open? (I did a static IP)

qBittorrent, no doubt! I also switched from uTorrent.

qBittorrent is simple, fast and very stable. :)

• Administrator

What exactly do you mean? :)

Guys where in the program can i check if my port is open? (I did a static IP)

In qBittorrent, in status bar, next to DHT: xyz nodes, you will see a small globe, if it's red, the port isn't forwarded, if it's yellow, it's is forwarded, but having problems, and if it's green, it's forwarded properly.

As for doing port forwarding in qBittorrent. Tools menu > Options > Connection > Port used for incoming connections > enter the port you want.

Guys is there any guide where I can configure it for a private Tracker?

I have disabled UPnP/NAT...DHT..PEX..and Local Peer Discovery..

I have put my static port...

Anything else? Thanks..

[it is Green... thanks]

• Administrator

Anything else? Thanks..

It's been a really long time since I downloaded anything from a private tracker. But from what I know, private tracker's torrents themselves have DHT, PEX, LSD disabled.

Anything else? Thanks..

It's been a really long time since I downloaded anything from a private tracker. But from what I know, private tracker's torrents themselves have DHT, PEX, LSD disabled.

Thanks for the info!

LSD? what is this?

Also I got version 3.0.6 but on their website is still version 3.0.5 ... Is 3.0.6 valid?

• Administrator

Thanks for the info!

LSD? what is this?

Also I got version 3.0.6 but on their website is still version 3.0.5 ... Is 3.0.6 valid?

uTorrent calls it Local something... qBittorrent calls it LSD. It's below DHT and PEX.

Yes, 3.0.6 is the latest.

is qbittorrent support windows 8 ??? :/

• Administrator

I'm gonna upgrade to Windows 8 today or tomorrow, until then, I cannot say for sure. But why does it need to support Windows 8 specifically? It can run on any current Windows system, from XP to 7, then why not 8? I think it should be fine.

I'm gonna upgrade to Windows 8 today or tomorrow, until then, I cannot say for sure. But why does it need to support Windows 8 specifically? It can run on any current Windows system, from XP to 7, then why not 8? I think it should be fine.

hmm, i think it will works fine, win 7 and win 8 is no different. :D

btw, really you will upgrade to win 8 ?? use legal key (buy) or not ??

Yes it does support it! I am using it right now on Win 8 Pro x64

• Administrator

btw, really you will upgrade to win 8 ?? use legal key (buy) or not ??

Legal key that was gifted to me by someone. :)

And yea, no metro for me.

Wow, you are lucky, bro ;)

Is there anyone who would like to send me a legal windows 8 key ? haha :rofl:

See here

http://prntscr.com/jb647

most are using the updated version.

my current version 3.21

nothing , "domain unregistered"

Wow, you are lucky, bro ;)

Is there anyone who would like to send me a legal windows 8 key ? haha :rofl:

See here

http://prntscr.com/jb647

most are using the updated version.

my current version 3.21

nothing , "domain unregistered"

Go into

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs

Put a valid email adress.. after 24-48 hours you will get a key..

Install "Windows 8 Pro With Media Center" version...

Apply the key.. and you will get Activated...

Thats what I did and it worked!

p.s The "Windows 8 Pro With Media Center" version I have found it in "Windows 8 AIO 16in1" iso file which I have downloaded!

Good luck!

Archived