Which one of these motherboards you guys prefer?

fccard

Hello friends,

Sorry if I'm asking on a wrong place. I'm willing to build a new computer and I have these two mobos to decide which one I'll buy. I would like to hear your opinions, please.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130660

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131830

I'm planning to use a i7-3770K or a i5-3570K (if not much money left), 16GB G.Skill Trident 2400 and a single GTX 660 Ti for now.

Please let me know what you guys think and help me pick the best one :)

Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASUS is very famous for it's high quality motherboards for many years, in my and many others opinion, it's the no.1 company in motherboards and even VGA.

Also, the model you selected is extremely high-end, ROG and TUF motherboards are considered as "best of the best", they are latest and highest-end.

I can honestly tell you that ROG will not let you down in any field, especially game.

You have already selected the best. :)

The chipset, Z77 is also very high performance chipset, don't worry about that. ;)

I don't recommend MSI, especially in this case. ;)

• Administrator

Well, if you look at the specs of Newegg, MSI is slightly better in this case. But Asus is a better brand.

+1 on ASUS. Best in motherboards.

Posted Image

That is what I have on my computer today hahahahahhaha OLD but still faithful :)

I will be getting a new motherboard and processor soon :)

Thank you guys for the opinions.

I'm looking for a mobo that allows me to OC easily. I never have done any OC before on my old computer even if that's possible here. Not going for a crazy OC.

The things that I really like on that new MSI Z77 Mpower mobo is that they have tested every single unit with Prime95 (CPU stress test) and CPU OCed. I heard a guy from MSI that there's a 99.99% that the mobo will not be DOA.

I also like the look of the PCB. The mobo is all black and has some blue LEDs on it which show the CPU load and it will be very nice on my open bench case. Many buttons on PCB such power, reset, OC, BIOS switch, GotoBios button, etc. There are Wi-Fi and bluetooth. And it's ATX, having more space to add a dual video card and has more space for CPU cooler. Some say that the UEFI bios from MSI is more friendly and easier to use.

On the ASUS mobo, I know how good and durable their mobos are. I have an 5 years old mobo that is still working nicely. I like the on-board audio Supreme III better than the Realtek present on the MSI. I like the offset option that they have to reduce/remove any OC on the system when it's on IDLE and boost when needed, all automatically. That way we can save energy and preserve the components. It's a RoG.

So, I kind need some opinions from you guys to help me get the best one...

Thanks again.

Excuse my poor English, it's not my main language.

• Administrator

You really don't need to OC on such a powerful PC. :rolleyes: Well, atleast for next 1-2 years, then it's optional.

Ok guys, thank you all for the suggestions and recommendations. I just ordered the ASUS V Gene and the i7-3770K. Can't wait :)

Archived