21 Days of Downtime

shought

As most of you have probably noticed by now both nsane.down and nsane.forums have been down for an extended period of time (21 days, to be exact). This was caused due to server issues at our host which were (eventually) fixed after about 10 days. The issues, however, re-appeared after one day of uptime and has persisted ever since. Hence we moved to a new host, again, let's hope this one is a keeper.

The up side of these events (and I write this with a high degree of sarcasm) is that I'm getting fairly good at reinstalling servers.

There will probably be some bugs and during the weekend I will continue to fix those and make some more updates, so if you find a bug please let me know in this thread and I'll try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Aside from all of the above: happy posting!

• Replies 156
  • Views 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Additional note:

We are now experimenting with different ways to cope with an incoming DDoS. I'd say we're doing pretty good as the sites are up, most of the time (there's still some intermittent downtime, but that's to be expected when experiencing a DDoS).

Congratulations on your hard work, I hope not to have to do everything from scratch.

Copying the contents of wwwrot, more backup of database and changing the setting to conf_global.php've cloned ipb quickly and running

finally!welcome back!

please,can you verify the option for change avatars?don't work!it says"Failed to set a new photo"

(Should be) fixed :)

I'll be back :)

thanks for keeping the site up for me the site and community is one of the best around. too bad we lost a lot of data but the important thing is that nsane lives again :)

Welcome Back...Lets hope this host is better, good to see nsane back online :doctor:

Archived