Please help me! With Synaptics Touch driver my mouse always lock after typing in any text box. After move it twice its unlocked. I tried my CD driver, the latest driver from support page and btw

• Replies 70
  • Views 100.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dMog

• nIGHT

• tezza

• hamede

Top Posters In This Topic

website for the company that made your computer ...and search for drivers.......or try windows update ,,,you will need to tell people the your computer make and model and operating system too for future reference for help

one thing you can do is to uninstal the synaptic touch from the system and reboot

now that 8.1 has start and boot to desktop what will happen to those apps (free) and for sale that offer such features? hehehe

The feedback I receive from those who have installed 8.1 already was that they still use it to replace the now default startmenu of 8.1.

The vendor startmenu are still way much better than m1corosoft's 8.1 startmenu. hehehe! :P

MidnightDistortions

Wait was there a full start menu return that i missed? I thought they just restored the start button which leads back into the start screen.

May I ask for windows 8.1 problem ?

I have installed windows 8.1 pro x86 english (not pro wmc) on my laptop, its installed and activated successfully. But my laptop can't wake up from sleep , always black screen. :(

How to solve this problem ?

Spec:

Windows 8.1 RTM Pro x86

RAM 2 GB DDR3

Display graphic card: AMD ATI Radeon HD 7610M (1 GB)

Processor: Intel Core i3-2370M (2.40 GHz)

FYI, I use newer display driver.

Please help me, thanks in advance.

november_ra1n

How to solve this? I have already installed windows 8.1, the previous OS is windows 8

http://s5.postimg.org/be62otv9j/2013_09_04_T22_44_55_0_1.jpg

msconfig via Run

Then click boot tab configure what operating system you want to be default on the boot then you wont see that screen

Edited by november_ra1n

bigger question is why do you have win8 and win 8.1 installed...2 different and separate operating systems... i think that is waht you wanted fixed in the first place???

no, I did not install windows 8, I just installed windows 8.1, maybe the problem came because I did not delete or format the system reserved partition

@November_ra1n in msconfig, I just have one boot entry and it is windows 8.1 , after I restarted the laptop, I am still given an option to choose the earlier version or windows 8, and.... I don't know what to do

no, I did not install windows 8, I just installed windows 8.1, maybe the problem came because I did not delete or format the system reserved partition

@November_ra1n in msconfig, I just have one boot entry and it is windows 8.1 , after I restarted the laptop, I am still given an option to choose the earlier version or windows 8, and.... I don't know what to do

try this

i would reinstall win8.1 but first back up important stuff to a different hard drive then do a clean install so as to not have win8 and win8.1 on the same hard drive...unless you want it that way

unknownasphyxiated

simply delete the entry

just make sure you have installation disk with you just in case windows cannot boot

I need your opinion before start hard working !

some info. before asking :

- Now my PC is working on WIN.8 pro VL edition activated with MAK key several months ago. see picture,

YJHkQ.png

- I packed up my activation manually .

=========================================

Q1:

If I install new WIN.8 pro retail edition with WMC (clean installation) , can I activate with my pack up activation ? to be like that ....

20130105110209.png

Q2:

If yes , can I activate WMC with your key ?

plz. help

This topic is not for questions about activation, but answer is NO.

Please read this topic and follow instructions for clean install and adding WMC, it is easy, if you follow the instructions and you can ask for comformation id if need help

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183846-windows-81-build-9600-rtm-download-links-permanent-activation-via-phone/

:)

This topic is not for questions about activation, but answer is NO.

Please read this topic and follow instructions for clean install and adding WMC, it is easy, if you follow the instructions and you can ask for comformation id if need help

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183846-windows-81-build-9600-rtm-download-links-permanent-activation-via-phone/

Thanks for your replay , but situation changed now !!

I installed WIN.8 pro retail edition with WMC (clean installation) and activated with my packed up activation !! and it is successful activation although , the pack up activation belong to MAK VL key.!!!!! :P

38W2W.png

Can I activate WMC with keys in page 1 . or I have to do all in http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/183846-windows-81-build-9600-rtm-download-links-permanent-activation-via-phone/

Thanks for any advice :rolleyes:

@hamede,

Ha, well that is a new one for me :huh: . I have upgraded to Win8.1 from MAK VL activated Win8 on 4 PC's and then had to install a Retail key to activate it again, I would also be worried about adding WMC though if it it still has MAK VL key details. . Personally i would change key to a Retail and activate again then follow instructions for adding WMC in the new topic.

Would be great if you had time to see what happens if you add WMC now though out of interest, but i suspect it would fail, though i was wrong abut the backup with MAK VL key :P

Edit

(As win 8.1 can't be activated with MAK key only Retail keys, how does the win8 (MAK VL) backup, restore activation on a Win 8.1 clean install from a MAK VL key?)

Edited by tezza

Ok , I will try to active WMC and share the final result but , give some time , I have to change VPN to call Skype free " Egypt " stop free call

windows update working perfect . then I think I can upgrade to Win. 8.1 normally when speared in Win. store in October. Right ? :s

Ok , I will try to active WMC and share the final result but , give some time , I have to change VPN to call Skype free " Egypt " stop free call

windows update working perfect . then I think I can upgrade to Win. 8.1 normally when speared in Win. store in October. Right ? :s

@ hamede,

I apologise to you, i did not read correctly your original post , i have Win8.1 on my brain and thought you were trying to activate Win8.1 with your Win8 MAK VL backup.( no wonder i could not understand how you managed to activate it :lol: )

Yes retail is best and you should have no problem updating to Win8.1 through store in October.

My apologies again for my misunderstanding

Edited by tezza

• 5 weeks later...

I'm still on Win7 x64.. installed earlier Win8.. more than half year ago? The interface.. i couldn't really get used to. Anyone thinks i should give Win8 a try again? Heard gaming on Win8 is much better?

It is much better and faster and on Win 8.1 is superfast

If that's the case then i need to go Win8.1 then!. Which is the best version at the moment? I saw so many tutorial and version in getting Win8 up.. it's like scary @@. Which is best and easiest?