jalaffa

Actually I have reinstalled Windows 8.1 and ran the internal defragmer, with scheduled defrags and I notice actually the same performance as with diskeeper with a plus, the hdd isn't always running

• Replies 1.3k
  • Views 211.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess for Windows 8 you won't notice any great improvement, probably older editions of Windows

I'm getting the pop-up every few days (it now says 38 days left). Now for the noob question!!! (be gentle with me guys)...I read you all saying "don't let your days left reach zero"..o.k. how do I change the days left? Do I need to uninstall/reinstall Diskeeper? When you finish laughing and pick yourselves up from the floor I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks guys!! :) :) :)

I've been playing around with Diskeeper today while waiting for an answer to my previous post. One of the guys posted instructions regarding the patch (i.e. advance the date 2 years on the patch, wait at least 2 minutes before closing the patch and restarting Diskeeper), so I've uninstalled and reinstalled according to those instructions and now I'll wait to see if any pop-up appears in the next few days. Will let you know.

I'm getting the pop-up every few days (it now says 38 days left). Now for the noob question!!! (be gentle with me guys)...I read you all saying "don't let your days left reach zero"..o.k. how do I change the days left? Do I need to uninstall/reinstall Diskeeper? When you finish laughing and pick yourselves up from the floor I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks guys!! :) :) :)

I think they meant when you first apply the fix. In other words, don't apply the fix if you have 0 days left, make sure you have at least 2 days left.

I think they meant when you first apply the fix. In other words, don't apply the fix if you have 0 days left, make sure you have at least 2 days left.

Thanks for the feedback Knightmare. As per my subsequent post, I uninstalled, re-booted, and re-installed Diskeeper...this time I followed the other poster's instructions (thanks to him!!!) advancing the date on the patch to "8 Mar 2016", waited about 3 mins then closed the patch and restarted Diskeeper (can't remember if I also rebooted my system after closing the patch...noob syndrome!!! lol). Anyway, until now everything working normally...but I need to wait a few more days to see if any dreaded pop-up appears. Will let you folks know what happens.

O.k. it's now March 14th and today I got a pop-up saying 21 days left. Does this mean that the patch doesn't work and I will need to uninstall Diskeeper 12 and revert back to Diskeeper 11? Appreciate any advice guys.

O.k. it's now March 14th and today I got a pop-up saying 21 days left. Does this mean that the patch doesn't work and I will need to uninstall Diskeeper 12 and revert back to Diskeeper 11? Appreciate any advice guys.

I can confirm that the medicine is NOT working!, I got 1 day popup, waited for 5 days opened Diskeeper and found Manual defragmentation is not working, I think the solution is to uninstall/install Diskeeper and try this Manual Trial resster, You can automate it using "Task Scheduler"

Trial Resseter:

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/3ABZAT7P/

Thank you mazigh. :showoff:

• 2 weeks later...

He is asking for the v12 and I'm the one using v11. I just don't wanna be hyper-helpful.

Why don't you try Perfectdisk, it doesn't require any patch

Well, tried PerfectDisk a number of times - unfortunately, it does not come anywhere close to Diskeeper EnterpriseServer 2011 (in fact, none of even the latest offerings from Diskeeper are able to match it.)

Well, tried PerfectDisk a number of times - unfortunately, it does not come anywhere close to Diskeeper EnterpriseServer 2011 (in fact, none of even the latest offerings from Diskeeper are able to match it.)

Is there a patch for Diskeeper 2011 Enterprise Server 15.0.968.0? How does Enterprise Server compare to Administrator Edition?

Is there a patch for Diskeeper 2011 Enterprise Server 15.0.968.0?

The Diskeeper 2011 Enterprise Server 15.0.968.0 does not exist - that's the Pro Premier version (last released Diskeeper 201 EnterpriseServer was 15.0.966.0)

You can try reading from the following post onwards:--

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/160478-windows-8-made-more-beautiful-than-default-windows-7/page-21?do=findComment&comment=764475

I reckon diskeeper is a better product but it has no 100% working solution for 2012 and the program is almost two years old it requires a fresh revamp for a newer edition

Only @shajt could do the real thing for Diskeeper 12 but he disappeared... never new why...

Only @shajt could do the real thing for Diskeeper 12 but he disappeared... never new why...

I take it no one has any other way to contact him.

How does Enterprise Server compare to Administrator Edition?

Back in the day when I had installed it for comparison sake, I realized that the Administrator Edition was not suitable for workstations & clients.

I can be mistaken but condusiv must be facing difficult times not releasing newer editions! It's very weird, probably 2012 must be the last edition of diskeeper

I can be mistaken but condusiv must be facing difficult times not releasing newer editions! It's very weird, probably 2012 must be the last edition of diskeeper

Who needs the cat when you can chew the competition with the rat?

~ old jungle saying.

Archived