jalaffa

someone there

i used the patch but manual defragmentation stuck at 0% :s

If you have a scheduled disk check the manual defrag will not work .. I came to situation like this just remove the scheduled disk check and check the partition manually with windows check disk ..

The analyzing will not move but if you choose to defrag the message will come telling you that this partition is scheduled to be checked ..

i don't apply scheduled disk check, any suggestions ?

The operating system will create the schedule disk check .. Just check the disk using windows tool and reboot that what I had done in a situation like yours .. you can check the registry for the scheduled disk check :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager]

and in the right pane look for : BootExecute

It should be like this : autocheck autochk*

• Replies 1.3k
  • Views 211.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is not having 39 pages but the fact that this program has no good medicine, I like diskeeper

if you like it, why you don't buy it ? :idea: i think it will totally solve your problems :idea:

I'm a person who defends that software should be bought but on reasonable amounts or price. I own lots of steam products which were all bought with the right price, if they promote diskeeper as digital networks do, I would buy it straight away

Even if Condusive floats an unlimited Giveaway for Diskeeper 12 Professional 16.0.1017.0, I still opt for the older Diskeeper 2011 EnterpriseServer 15.0.966 for its sheer performance that's unmatched by any defragmenting software. 8)

software182

Even if Condusive floats an unlimited Giveaway for Diskeeper 12 Professional 16.0.1017.0, I still opt for the older Diskeeper 2011 EnterpriseServer 15.0.966 for its sheer performance that's unmatched by any defragmenting software. 8)

15.0.966 ? you mean 15.0.968 ?

In what I have figured whatsoever is that the latest fix is almost the same and the watcher fix or I'm wrong?

Has anyone tried Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro? It seems really good, and it has a lot of options too...

I got a huge bug with Diskeeper, it ALWAYS triggers my disk usage to 100% all the time. This just kills the performance, the pc gets slow and unusable...

What I've seen is not always 100% but it doesn't get the disk to rest. Don't know how good is that - Hdcs18 will tell us about it.

Diskeeper continuously monitors data read/write/deletion activites on a hard disk and adjusts them to avoid fragmentation - this is why the disk shows being used anytime, I guess.

software182

In what I have figured whatsoever is that the latest fix is almost the same and the watcher fix or I'm wrong?

yes you're right bro

Don't know how good is that - Hdcs18 will tell us about it.

I suppose DarkSlayer is referring to the latest Diskeeper Professional 2012, not the elder Diskeeper EnterpriseServer 2011.

There's no point in discussing Diskeeper Professional 2012 - it's just a piece of :shit:

What I've seen is not always 100% but it doesn't get the disk to rest. Don't know how good is that - Hdcs18 will tell us about it.

Diskeeper continuously monitors data read/write/deletion activites on a hard disk and adjusts them to avoid fragmentation - this is why the disk shows being used anytime, I guess.

I suppose DarkSlayer is referring to the latest Diskeeper Professional 2012, not the elder Diskeeper EnterpriseServer 2011.

There's no point in discussing Diskeeper Professional 2012 - it's just a piece of :shit:

Actually, this 100% disk usage "bug" happens on all versions of DK I have tried. 15.0.966 (indicated by The Configurator), 15.0.968 and 2012.

I set it to extensive defrag and consolidate, but, even so, it was not supposed to use 100% of my three hard drives all the time.

Does this happens only with me...? :wtf:

Not seeing that issue, here - not even on any of the hundreds of systems that I manage. :nono:

Dcs18, any configuration hint, so that I can try it again? Also, can you please tell me why did you choose version 15.0.966 Enterprise Server (40mb)? :s

Also, do you set DK to extensive defrag and consolidadte? :unsure:

Thanks in advance! :D

Actually, this 100% disk usage "bug" happens on all versions of DK I have tried. 15.0.966 (indicated by The Configurator), 15.0.968 and 2012.

I set it to extensive defrag and consolidate, but, even so, it was not supposed to use 100% of my three hard drives all the time.

That really strange, normally diskeeper only perform a heavy defragmentation when "no user activities" is detected and here normally uses 30% of the disk.

Also InvisiTasking makes background operations within the system to run with zero resource impact on current activities.

I use Diskeeper Server 2012 with zero problems. maybe you is getting some software conflicts.

Dcs18, any configuration hint, so that I can try it again? Also, can you please tell me why did you choose version 15.0.966 Enterprise Server (40mb)? :s

Also, do you set DK to extensive defrag and consolidadte? :unsure:

Thanks in advance! :D

Well, I had written a tutorial (using a different ID) which went viral and resulted in many folks changing loyalties from the common Pro Premier to the fairly unknown Enterprise Server (unfortunately, have destroyed all my tutorials.)

Here's my personal configuration, though (just run the registry entry - do let us know if it resolves things for you):--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s51f567kka9133d/01.)__2011_15.0.966.rar

Has anyone tried Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro? It seems really good, and it has a lot of options too...

I have ditched Dk 2012 in favor of this one, it works on a weekly basis, much better for me

Dcs18, after using the reg file, things are getting better, thanks :D

Either way, I will keep an eye at it, specially disk usage... <_<

I tried to read your tutorial, but, were all your messages in that topic replaced by "Good-bye"? :wtf:

That's really good to hear - was afraid there was something else going crazy elsewhere. :)

I tried to read your tutorial, but, were all your messages in that topic replaced by "Good-bye"? :wtf:

Oh yeah, that's the time the staff pissed me off enough; for me to delete all my own posts - we lost some real good stuff. :(

That's really good to hear - was afraid there was something else going crazy elsewhere. :)

Oh yeah, that's the time the staff pissed me off enough; for me to delete all my own posts - we lost some real good stuff. :(

Oh man, how about a new tutorial then, for those who wants to squeeze the most of HDD performance? :rolleyes:

And, so far, so good, Diskeeper seems to be behaving very well after using your reg file :D

Doesn't the program comes pre configure with optimal settings like almost 99% of other products?

Archived