Which of these do you use for playing music? Also state the reasons for the same

Ponting

Music Player  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you use for playing music?State the reasons for the same.

Which music player do you use?I am using Winamp now. :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

AIMP3 hands down (added as one of the options) :)

Reasons please! :lol:

foobar , the lightest and got important search ways to locate songs easily

Winamp, because it's very easy to use; I use a few of the other options from the poll list to watch movies.

foobar2000, the most advanced and powerful audio player I have ever seen in my life while it's extremely simple, customizable and light. :)

Highly recommend it to anyone who have not tried it yet. ;)

Sl@pSh0ck™

It offers wasapi support out of the box and plays better sound quality compared to other music players I've tried.

MusicBee at the moment. I really like the detailed library information. Easy to find what I want to play and adds other info as well. Plus it's free (Not really a reason) :D

• Administrator

Windows Media Player. :tooth: Use it with FFDShow. Means quality and originality. :)

Biggest reason? Visualizations. Used to use Winamp for that, but what I want is better in WMP. :P

SnakeMasteR

XMplay. :wub:

Oh, i forgot the reason, so because it's very lightweight and handles some extended module formats,

you can also export those in different formats like mp3, wav etc. Also it has an DSP/Interpolation and

Net stream (like SHOUTcast) feature, it supports Winamp Plugins too. And there are some awesome

skins for it, too.

don't listen to much music in the pc but do see lot's of movies so i voted for vlc... haven't seen a video extension that it can't open :tooth:

aimp3 `cause of the sound quality, cleaner, more options

jetAudio, it plays just about any file and the sound quality is better than any other player, especially the bass! :win:

winamp...its very snappy on my system :)

after saw some of postings i dnld the aimp3 liked it very much because of better music quality

It offers wasapi support out of the box and plays better sound quality compared to other music players I've tried.

Ok bro.

Do you install any additional plugins or sound enhancer?How to optimize for headphones?

Anybody using DFX Audio Enhancer?

Sound Quality: AIMP3 vs Foobar vs Winamp vs MusicBee vs WMP vs MediaMonkey.

I used WINAMP since 1997 until a month ago. Great player (except winamp 3 which was horrible).

Now i use AIMP3 because it's winamp-like and it's ready out of the box unlike original winamp. At last, AIMP3 has better remote control.

I never tried anything else, never ! Winamp is a legendary software, like winrar ;)

Sl@pSh0ck™

Ok bro.

Do you install any additional plugins or sound enhancer?How to optimize for headphones?

I use SRS Audio Sandbox for my HpOut device (an Edifier 2.1 speaker system) and my crappy headphones (my ipod's headphone :lol:) and it also plays competitive sound quality with my altec lansing laptop speakers.

foobar2000 here. I use Izotope Ozone 5 Advanced with it for superior audio quality out of the box. Coupled with my AV-receiver, and big speakers, it makes everything sound good. I can't even begin to describe the difference when using headphones. It is also the easiest media manager to configure manually (i. e. no music database reconfiguring like with Music Bee), the easiest to configure appearance-wise, and I also get a handy ripper, tagger, and converter. All of this in one nifty package. Before foobar, I was a die-hard fan of AIMP, back when it was in Russian only, so I still recommend it as well.

foobar2000 here. I use Izotope Ozone 5 Advanced with it for superior audio quality out of the box. Coupled with my AV-receiver, and big speakers, it makes everything sound good. I can't even begin to describe the difference when using headphones. It is also the easiest media manager to configure manually (i. e. no music database reconfiguring like with Music Bee), the easiest to configure appearance-wise, and I also get a handy ripper, tagger, and converter. All of this in one nifty package. Before foobar, I was a die-hard fan of AIMP, back when it was in Russian only, so I still recommend it as well.

For maximum quality and performance, I suggest you to use SoX Resampler instead of iZotope, although iZotope is very good in it's own, but SoX is known as the best one for resampling, tell me if you need links or such. ;)

foobar I use. For the quality of the actual playback I think that my ASUS Xonar Essence ST soundcard and Sennheiser 555 HD headphones matters most. I like foobar for it's simplicity, freeware and waste available of add-ons

Archived