[OLD] ESET Fixes

DKT27

Ok I found it.

How to install it? Just close Nod before install?

When i Try to run it my computer is rebooting? HELP? Why?

Please, post the link in Sharecode (to know how see my signature).

jeanpierrefrancois19

Hello,

Thank you for all this fix.

When I try to fix eset smart security v7 with eset product activator 2014 I get the message "you are not connected to the internet".

I do not have connection problems, everything works fine. How to make it detected my connection?

Thanks

Edited by jeanpierrefrancois19

Hello,

Thank you for all this fix.

When I try to fix eset smart security v7 with eset product activator 2014 I get the message "you are not connected to the internet".

I do not have connection problems, everything works fine. How to make it detected my connection?

Thanks

If you want a fix w/o an internet connection use ESET PureFix v2.02 instead. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I've been using mara-fix on many PCs for many years with windows XP, Vista, 7. Always was easy and without problems. (Well, mostly always, anyway, a newer version always worked for me well).

Now I've installed Windwos 8.1 and downloaded latest ESS v7. And mara-fix doesn't work.

If I try it before the installation - ESET kills the app at the final moment and quarantines the file. If I use the fix after installation it works for the first update, but the next day I always find a login/pass problem.

I tried few reinstalls. It is definitely not working any more :( .

DanManchester

@mrMad-Cat

I'm using mara fix 1.6 with ESS v7 on two computers running Windows 8.1, and it's working fine for me.

The way I get to work is like this:

keep Mara fix inside .rar file or run it from a USB flash drive after/ until you've completed the following steps:

1: Install ESS v7

2: Go into advanced settings menu [Advanced Setup/Computer/HIPS and in there untick/uncheck Self Defense.

3: Restart PC

4: Check Self Defense is still disabled once computer has rebooted and then Temporarily disable Eset protection.

5: Now you can run mara fix...let it do its stuff and restart pc.

6: Now you can re-enable self defense - it will say message to restart again which is what I did...

7: ...and finally once pc restarted I update Eset and all is well.

Hope this helps.

Yep, thnx, it looks like it works, at least for now. The idea is as I understand don't let eset update before restart. Not closing the fix first restart and then it autoupdates.

Not sure if starting from the rar file had anything to do with this, anyway I did it too. Only had to disable user control to automatically run as administrator.

Guys, box, mara- fix is updated to v1.8. You can download it from nsane frontpage.

Changelog:

-Updated to work with Eset v7. It will work now properly when you start it before Eset installation, it will not be quarantined, at least for now.

-Eset GUI start problem and the end of fixing should be fixed for Windows 8. There will be 3 attempts to start it, and if it fails you'll get the message to start it manually.

Report any problems if you find it.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Guys, box, mara- fix is updated to v1.8. You can download it from nsane frontpage.

Changelog:

-Updated to work with Eset v7. It will work now properly when you start it before Eset installation, it will not be quarantined, at least for now.

-Eset GUI start problem and the end of fixing should be fixed for Windows 8. There will be 3 attempts to start it, and if it fails you'll get the message to start it manually.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for your great work :)

Changelog:

Cheers ;)

i was using your 1.7 fix and it was working great too but after i used 1.8 on same pc with freshly installed win7 there is another line under "ESET Smart Security is activated" - "License valid until: 1.1.2015"

is this normal? with 1.7 fix it showed only "ESET Smart Security is activated"

screen:

0NzGxe6.jpg

Edited by trance89

I found another way to activate ESET Smart Security. Link in the Signature

By this method you can activate ESET Trial again & again.

Changelog:

Cheers ;)

i was using your 1.7 fix and it was working great too but after i used 1.8 on same pc with freshly installed win7 there is another line under "ESET Smart Security is activated" - "License valid until: 1.1.2015"

is this normal? with 1.7 fix it showed only "ESET Smart Security is activated"

screen:

The date is just as cosmetic as lipstick - you gotta look skin-deep.

Edited by masterbaba

So this process has to be repeated?

So this process has to be repeated?

Yes Every time you want to use trial key, you need to repeat that task.

• 2 weeks later...