Spotflux - A more secure, private, and open internet experience

madeinheaven

• Replies 34
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very useful information! Taking a took now, thanks :D

Tweety.Abd

This is the best 'proxy' I've ever used, even better than Hotspot Shield :D Thank you MiH

broascadilie

I will defently give this a try !

This is the best 'proxy' I've ever used, even better than Hotspot Shield :D Thank you MiH

Really? Have you used many or is it the 2nd you've used. :D If you've used them all then it's high praise indeed, if you know what I mean.

Technology

I couldn't agree with you more, Hotspot Shield is good but great..It really slows my web browsering..It needs to give Spotflux a try..

Tweety.Abd

I couldn't agree with you more, Hotspot Shield is good but great..It really slows my web browsering..It needs to give Spotflux a try..

I will admit, I have not tried out a wide variety of 'proxy' software, but I have to say of all those I have used, Spotflux blows them out of the water. Here's some things I really appreciated about Spotflux:

- Very fast - did not notice any slowdown as I would usually expect from a free software. The download speed was almost, if not totally the same as w/o proxy.

- No Ads! - This one's the major advantage over the ones I've used. What's more it blocks ad and tracking websites and filters them!

- Uncluttered interface - Just a single click to enable and disable. It stays in the tray and does not show up anywhere else.

There are more and I will write when I can, but for now that's all.

Technology

I will admit, I have not tried out a wide variety of 'proxy' software, but I have to say of all those I have used, Spotflux blows them out of the water. Here's some things I really appreciated about Spotflux:

- Very fast - did not notice any slowdown as I would usually expect from a free software. The download speed was almost, if not totally the same as w/o proxy.

- No Ads! - This one's the major advantage over the ones I've used. What's more it blocks ad and tracking websites and filters them!

- Uncluttered interface - Just a single click to enable and disable. It stays in the tray and does not show up anywhere else.

bro, you do know. This programme is still in development due to this its free for now..I wish this will keep it free after final and future releases..

RadioActive

Sadly, the imbeciles here (government/ISP) already blacklisted it...arrrgh! A bunch a**holes. Isn't ironic that I'll have to use a proxy/vpn just to access the website? *sighs*

Tweety.Abd

Sadly, the imbeciles here (government/ISP) already blacklisted it...arrrgh! A bunch a**holes. Isn't ironic that I'll have to use a proxy/vpn just to access the website? *sighs*

Its blocked here as well. But I had to use a proxy to download it, once installed, it works flawlessly. I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but works here for me.

Tweety.Abd

bro, you do know. This programme is still in development due to this its free for now..I wish this will keep it free after final and future releases..

Yes I am aware of that, but I really do hope that they keep their free edition as is.

madeinheaven

I uploaded Alternative Mediafire Download Links.

Technology

I uploaded Alternative Mediafire Download Links.

Genius.. B)

Technology

Yes I am aware of that, but I really do hope that they keep their free edition as is.

Me tooo.

Its blocked here as well. But I had to use a proxy to download it, once installed, it works flawlessly. I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but works here for me.

Sorry to here that..I think government are using various approaches to block file sharing site..I think is not going to be too late in the UK, that will start blocking VPN or proxy websites..People in government can be lazy and arrogance, but not stupid.

Thank you for taking the time to reply :) I might try it now.

Tweety.Abd

Thank you for taking the time to reply :) I might try it now.

I'm glad I could help and you're welcomed :)

RadioActive

I finally managed to download and install it but for some reason it didn't work. It just kept trying to "secure my connection" and failing in the end. Also it kinda screwed my connection bu disabling the DHCP and leaving it disabled every time. I eventually removed it...

Technology

Meh doesn't work for me :lol: Java errors.

Do you a;ready have Java installed? If not try to install Java manually from website then given Spotflux a try..

Technology

I finally managed to download and install it but for some reason it didn't work. It just kept trying to "secure my connection" and failing in the end. Also it kinda screwed my connection bu disabling the DHCP and leaving it disabled every time. I eventually removed it...

Sorry bro. Did you had any proxy or VPN software already installed on your system that might be causing an issue.

I have unistalled java and reinstalled a few times, same with this. After Lohengrin's problems I think I'll avoid it. I use Mullvad,AnonymoX and foxy proxy at times so don't need it. Just trying it for the sake of it.

I have unistalled java and reinstalled a few times, same with this. After Lohengrin's problems I think I'll avoid it. I use Mullvad,AnonymoX and foxy proxy at times so don't need it. Just trying it for the sake of it.

i've try it before,always java error, uninstall java 7, back to java 6...

same error.

Maybe this origami crane a little hard to use.

:think:

Technology

i've try it before,always java error, uninstall java 7, back to java 6...

same error.

Maybe this origami crane a little hard to use.

:think:

According to some and me Java 7, has some issues within..It has create issues in windows and browsers..

We chinese use such software very often, spotflux not so good for us till now,

but it's clean and free, nice interface, worth to waiting for.

:dance2:

RadioActive

Sorry bro. Did you had any proxy or VPN software already installed on your system that might be causing an issue.

I had HSS installed but it wasn't running at the time.

Archived