Samsung Galaxy S III officially announced

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Samsung has now officially announced the Samsung Galaxy S III, the next entry in its best selling Android smartphone series. The device debuts in May in Europe and launches in the US this summer.

Posted Image

It's been the worst kept secret in the smartphone industry, but today Samsung officially revealed the Galaxy S III, the next entry in its best selling smartphone series. The announcement was made at a press event in London that was lived streamed to the rest of the world.

The Galaxy S III will come with a 1.4 GHz Exynos 4 quad processor that Samsung announced a few days ago. It also will have 1 GB of RAM and a 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED touch screen with 1280 x 720 resolution. Look for an eight megapixel rear camera along with a 1.9 megapixel front facing camera. It will also have Android 4.0 running out of the box but it will also have Samsung's own TouchWiz user interface.

Europe will get the smartphone first later in May and it will be released in other parts of the world later this year. It may be a while before a version of the phone makes it to the US. News.com report that the Galaxy S III with LTE support may not be released until sometime in December. (Update - News.com now says it is due out sometime this summer in the US) Samsung said during the press event that the smartphone will be released in 145 different countries and 296 wireless providers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:view: View: Original Article

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Samsung Galaxy S III vs. iPhone 4S vs. HTC One X: Spec Smackdown

Here's how the new Samsung Galaxy S III stacks up against its competitors from Apple, HTC, Nokia, and Google.

Samsung Thursday unveiled the Galaxy S III, the highly-anticipated successor of the popular Galaxy S II, and of course, the iPhone’s newest big rival. The Galaxy S III is like a sequel to the Galaxy Nexus that was made in collaboration with Google, but has a bigger screen, a beefier processor, and a better camera.

There’s no word on availability in the U.S. besides an expected summer launch, or any details on pricing and carriers. But since we know the specs, here’s how the Galaxy S III stacks up against the competition.

Posted Image

Display Comparison

Posted Image

Samsung Galaxy S III

The display of the Samsung Galaxy S III is huge. It’s 4.8 inches in diagonal, bigger than the HTC One X’s 4.7 inches or the Galaxy Nexus’ 4.65 inches.

But while the screen is bigger, the resolution has not gone up: It’s still 1280 pixels by 720 pixels, as with the One X and Galaxy Nexus, making the S III pixel density 306 pixels per inch (ppi), which is still below the iPhone 4S’ 326 ppi for its 3.5-inch screen--which is the leading pixel density in this comparison.

Width Comparison

The bigger screen and size of the S III allows for a thinner phone, the thinnest of the bunch at 0.34 inches, only by a hair slimmer than the 0.35 inches HTC One X. The iPhone 4S and the Galaxy Nexus are 0.37 inches thick, while the chunkiest is the Nokia Lumia 900 at 0.45 inches. At just under 4.7 ounces, the Galaxy S III is also lighter than the iPhone 4S, and only slightly heavier than the One X.

Processor Comparison

Samsung packs an Exynos 4 Quad 1.4 GHz quad-core system-on-chip in the S III, which is the most powerful processor in this comparison. The HTC One X has a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, while the iPhone 4S runs on Apple’s A5 1GHz dual-core chip. The Galaxy S III runs on 1GB of RAM, just like the HTC One X. That's double what’s inside the iPhone.

The Galaxy S III will come in 16GB and 32GB versions, with a 64GB model promised. All the other phones in the comparison also come with a minimum of 16GB, but the S III has one advantage over them all--it has a microSD card slot.

Camera Comparison

Posted Image

Samsung didn’t go overboard in the camera department. The 8-megapixel shooter on the S III matches the camera on the iPhone 4S, the One X, and the Lumia 900, and the Samsung phone can shoot 1080p HD video like the iPhone and HTC. The best front camera comes with the Galaxy S III, while the iPhone is at the bottom of the league in this category.

So Far, the Galaxy S III is the most powerful Android smartphone of the moment, and doesn’t make compromises on looks with its svelte and rounded design. Its camera doesn’t go leaps and bounds above the competition--more of a catch-up--but the quad-core processor and 4G LTE connectivity should satisfy your need for speed.

:view: View: Oiriginal Article

Comment: lol. Beats iPhone in almost everything. :lol:

This is the best cellphone that has been ever created. Nokia you have dead and Apple your Iphone is crap :P

PurplebeanZ

Looks nice, but thr screen is .8 inches too big ;p

Of course it's plastic. It's S©amsung. -.-

And of course, it's a wee bit bigger. Yet again. If i wanted a tablet, I'd go out and Buy one. Jeez.

Tweety.Abd

Front Camera:

- Samsung Galaxy S III - 1.9 Megapixels

- Apple iPhone 4S - VGA

LOL! :lol:

it is true that there is function over form here... i want to see one in person first before upgrading tho. I have a iphone 3gs (1st smartphone) and the contract is nearly over so i will be looking to upgrade in the summer. Android is looking to be the OS for me regardless, because I appreciate all the tweaks that it offers, not to mention flash and the ability to download files off the web for later use when i'm at home (aka a proper web browsing experience).

Comment: lol. Beats iPhone in almost everything. :lol:

lol. Price will also be in that way!

Archived