Nokia Lumia 610 now on sale; Philippines gets it first

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Nokia has officially launched the Lumia 610 smartphone, its latest addition to the Lumia family. The low budget (and low memory) Windows Phone device went on sale Saturday in the Philippines.

Posted Image

Nokia has officially launched the newest member of its growing Lumia family of Windows Phone-based devices. The Nokia Blog reports that the Lumia 610 went on sale today in the Philippines, specifically at the company's store in Manila.

The Lumia 610 was first announced at the Mobile World Congress in February and is an example of the low-cost phones that are designed around the "Tango" version of Windows Phone, which supports just 256 MB of RAM. That means the smartphone may not be able to run all Windows Phone apps, although Nokia has confirmed that it will run the just released 1.0 version of Skype for Windows Phone. Currently, the Skype app is not supposed to run on phones with less than 512 MB of memory.

The Lumia 610 also has a 3.7 inch LCD display, a 800 MHz single-core Qualcomm processor, a five megapixel rear camera, and 8 GB of storage. The Nokia Blog stated that the phone was being sold unlocked for 11,000 PHP, or about $260.

Other parts of Asia are scheduled to start selling the Lumia 610 over the next few weeks. It should be on sale worldwide by the end of June, although there's no specific date on when the Lumia 610 might find its way to the US.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cause they're going down. S©amsung is beating them with a stick in a form of amoled displays. SE is falling apart, HTC is getting better and better (they have the most powerful mobiles now), and Motorola's transformed itself (MILESTONE; RAZR, etc...).

Nokia is loosing it's market. Soon, it will become lost like SE. So they're trying to do the safest thing - go cheap, in order to sell, sell, sell. They've been showing constant market loss during the last few years.

Cause they're going down. S©amsung is beating them with a stick in a form of amoled displays. SE is falling apart, HTC is getting better and better (they have the most powerful mobiles now), and Motorola's transformed itself (MILESTONE; RAZR, etc...).

Nokia is loosing it's market. Soon, it will become lost like SE. So they're trying to do the safest thing - go cheap, in order to sell, sell, sell. They've been showing constant market loss during the last few years.

Ohh, but SE falling apart? How come? SE's phones are still powerful. How about Alcatel?

Alcatel's got about as much power as Siemens, or Hyawei. XDDD

And SE no longer exists. Sony backed out of their deal. Ever since k850, they make overpriced phones, with about the same power as the competition, for twice the money. It all counts in business. That's how you distinguish a good from a bad company.

To alleviate any doubt, I'm an SE user, and have been using their phones on a regular basis since the T610. Even now, I use k750 and k850. And I refuse to purchase Xperia's or the C series cause they're junk for the money. To be objective, ever since 2007 they've been on the down slide. Just recently they recorded a 750 million annual loss, and they refused to make cuts. That's a big no-no in my book. So yeah, they're falling apart. Hopefully, Sony will find a way to bounce back and continue to make quality devices, and I would not think twice about purchasing them. Regardless of their current situation, they have a legacy of excellence, something which Samsung is just now establishing, and which Nokia lost in the early days of Symbian.

Alcatel's got about as much power as Siemens, or Hyawei. XDDD

And SE no longer exists. Sony backed out of their deal. Ever since k850, they make overpriced phones, with about the same power as the competition, for twice the money. It all counts in business. That's how you distinguish a good from a bad company.

To alleviate any doubt, I'm an SE user, and have been using their phones on a regular basis since the T610. Even now, I use k750 and k850. And I refuse to purchase Xperia's or the C series cause they're junk for the money. To be objective, ever since 2007 they've been on the down slide. Just recently they recorded a 750 million annual loss, and they refused to make cuts. That's a big no-no in my book. So yeah, they're falling apart. Hopefully, Sony will find a way to bounce back and continue to make quality devices, and I would not think twice about purchasing them. Regardless of their current situation, they have a legacy of excellence, something which Samsung is just now establishing, and which Nokia lost in the early days of Symbian.

Ohh, that's why. But the Xperia series are worth it? They have powerful specs right? CPU's are 1Ghz and GPu's are adreno :o Coz I'm planning to buy Xperia Mini. And a second thought about Alcatel's GLory918n. Still confuse <_< Well in term of specs and price, SE's xperia mini is higher than Alcatel's Glory 918n. :huh:

Windows phone 7.5 and older version, does not support dual core CPU and maximum 1.4 GHZ is enough for that.In this release Nokia wants create a phone with low price so it can't use 1.4 GHZ CPU on it . :)

I was joking about Alcatel. I would't even consider them as being in the mobile market. :lol:

Windows phone 7.5 and older version, does not support dual core CPU and maximum 1.4 GHZ is enough for that.In this release Nokia wants create a phone with low price so it can't use 1.4 GHZ CPU on it . :)

Ohh, what can you say about Nokia vs SE sir? In terms of specs of a phone :D

I was joking about Alcatel. I would't even consider them as being in the mobile market. :lol:

Aww, is that so :o can you give me some advice on this phone sir? Alcatel One Touch Glory 918n. Can't find a full description of this phone :(

Hm... a 320x480 3,2 screen, medium benchmark performance, an "OK" camera. If I remember correctly, it's being sold for about $140. Now, for that kind of money, you can deffinitely do better. You can find a stable SE Xperia X8, finally reasonably priced, and if you need the dual sim function, like the one in Alcatel, go for Samsung

C6712 Star II DUOS. Both of these have better screen resolutions, at least equal cameras, better battery power... if I were choosing, I'd go for the Samsung. When talking about dual-sim phones, it's always a question on how they'll act. I've seen mobiles who can barely hold a signal. Samsung is the safestbet for a dual function.

Hm... a 320x480 3,2 screen, medium benchmark performance, an "OK" camera. If I remember correctly, it's being sold for about $140. Now, for that kind of money, you can deffinitely do better. You can find a stable SE Xperia X8, finally reasonably priced, and if you need the dual sim function, like the one in Alcatel, go for Samsung

C6712 Star II DUOS. Both of these have better screen resolutions, at least equal cameras, better battery power... if I were choosing, I'd go for the Samsung. When talking about dual-sim phones, it's always a question on how they'll act. I've seen mobiles who can barely hold a signal. Samsung is the safestbet for a dual function.

Thanks for the tip sire :). But C6712 doesn't have a 3G :(

Well, if you want to give me more info on what you need most, I can reccomend some more models? :)

Well, if you want to give me more info on what you need most, I can reccomend some more models? :)

Hmm 3G with high HSDPA & HSUPA, 5MP cam, mid proc, andriod, and can use sd card :D

Ohh, what can you say about Nokia vs SE sir? In terms of specs of a phone :D

Only specs is not important,you can see apple specs and HTC One X so, How much those are different in specs case? now, how much those are different in performance and usability?Every company have some features,you can choose your favorite brand.You can't say which is better? every brand have some features bro :)

Only specs is not important,you can see apple specs and HTC One X so, How much those are different in specs case? now, how much those are different in performance and usability?Every company have some features,you can choose your favorite brand.You can't say which is better? every brand have some features bro :)

You got a point on that sire. So those unique features of their's can enhance even on a low specs of their's? :unsure:

Hmm 3G with high HSDPA & HSUPA, 5MP cam, mid proc, andriod, and can use sd card :D

How much can you spend?I think HTC one v or x are the best choices.I love Sony Xperia S too. :P

Nokia= little bug + good connectivity + invention like apple + best design in( Lumia 900+800) +...

Sumsung and SE and others ( except apple ) can work on CPU and display.

Well, for my taste, the ideal phone that you described would be Motorola Milestone. Full aluminium casing, slide qwerty keyboard, Android, 5Mp, HDSPA, ARM Cortex A8, PowerVR SGX530 graphics processor, 480x854, 3,7 inch touchscreen, and has an 8GB SD card included. The price - just under 200 euros. As far as prices in my country go, it's the cheapest in its class - a kind of upper medium. For top line, you'll have to pay top dollar. :)

How much can you spend?I think HTC one v or x are the best choices.I love Sony Xperia S too. :P

Maybe I can hit around 7k php (around 170 us dollars) Oh and Sony Xperia Mini cost 8.5kphp here (approx 202 us dollars) :o

Well, for my taste, the ideal phone that you described would be Motorola Milestone. Full aluminium casing, slide qwerty keyboard, Android, 5Mp, HDSPA, ARM Cortex A8, PowerVR SGX530 graphics processor, 480x854, 3,7 inch touchscreen, and has an 8GB SD card included. The price - just under 200 euros. As far as prices in my country go, it's the cheapest in its class - a kind of upper medium. For top line, you'll have to pay top dollar. :)

This one is good to yet it seems no ones selling this anymore in our country :( 200 euros is equivalent to 3.1kphp here in our currency with the current exchange rate, kinda cheaper yes. But phone seller, i don't know) And that phone was released 3 years ago?

It was issued two years ago. It also goes by the name Droid in some countries, so you can check with that. It is a bit older, but it still doesn't fall short. It only proves that it was well made.

It was issued two years ago. It also goes by the name Droid in some countries, so you can check with that. It is a bit older, but it still doesn't fall short. It only proves that it was well made.

Sir, how much do Motorola Milestone cost in your country? Because I found on some websites that sells that kind of phone here in the Philippines with a price of 36k php (around 646 euro) :( that's too expensive

Thats Milestone 2 or 3. I'm talking about the very first model (the one with the orange button on the keyboard) In my country it's around 200E but I've seen it sold on the net for $150. It can't be that expensive (unless it's a scam) because it's too old to cost that much.

Thats Milestone 2 or 3. I'm talking about the very first model (the one with the orange button on the keyboard) In my country it's around 200E but I've seen it sold on the net for $150. It can't be that expensive (unless it's a scam) because it's too old to cost that much.

Aww, can you post an image of it? Is this the milestone your're talking about sir? http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_milestone-3001.php

Yup, that's the one! ;)

Archived