Review: HTC Sense UI 4.0

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Included with devices such as the HTC One X and One S, HTC's Sense 4.0 UI presents a leap forward from previous designs, but perhaps the leap is not as large as it should have been

HTC has decided to still go down the path of skinning Android, for better or worse, with the inclusion of HTC Sense 4.0 atop Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" starting with the HTC One Series devices. I've already reviewed the HTC One X, and while I mentioned how incredibly amazing the hardware is, the software leaves many things to be desired.

Posted Image

So without wasting any more time on an introduction, let's get right into the review of HTC's Sense 4.0 Android skin.

Devices with HTC Sense 4.0

While I took my impressions of HTC Sense 4.0 in this review directly from my experiences using the flagship HTC One X, there are also a few other devices that come loaded with HTC Sense 4.0. Most of the features listed in this review will be available with the devices listed below, and if anything is missing it will be listed in the respective device review.

Also, I highly recommend checking out my Android 4.0 review before proceeding, so you know what the stock appearance is and some of the features that are included with the update.

Overall Design

Since the original Android handset with Sense appeared, the HTC Hero, HTC has taken many steps in the development of the skinned user interface. They've refined the feature set, removed unnecessary bloat and improved the overall smoothness of the software. One thing they haven't done though, is seriously refined the actual looks and design of the skin since the original release.

I think the problem is highlighted best when comparing Sense 1.0's progression to Sense 4.0 against Android 1.0 to Android 4.0.

Article continued at source (link below)....

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived