BlackBerry Blade: A Stunning Concept That Could Knock-off The iPhone

anuseems

Looking at the latest design of the concept BlackBerry smartphone that surfaced the web, even the most skeptical person has to admit that there is still hope for RIM to gain the lost appeal. Images of the BlackBerry Blade mockup were published and have already gained the enthusiasm of several loyal RIM fans.

The idea and the intriguing design for the BlackBerry Blade came from Toronto design firm, Pixelcarve. The device has a slightly curved body with a slide that has the well-known physical keyboard, while leaving the whole display for the full touch screen experience. The smartphone is said to be a "beautiful fusion of aluminum and acrylic" and will come with a new UI experience.

Among its specifications, the upcoming BlackBerry Blade is rumoured to feature a quad core 1.5 GHz processor, a 4.5 inch AMOLED display with 720x1280 pixels, 12MP back camera and a 5MP front camera. And if that wasn't enough, the BlackBerry Blade is also believed to come with support for 4G LTE, in addition to its 3G and Wi-Fi hotspots features.

Although not confirmed by any RIM high power officials, BlackBerry Blade is only a concept that has a chance of becoming reality. PixelCarve suggests that this is going to be the first BlackBerry 10 device.

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/03/23/-blackberry-blade-a-stunning-concept-that-could-knock-off-the-iphone/

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice, but I'm gonna stick with Galaxy S3.

RadioActive

It'll take more than an elegant design to appeal to iOS/Android users. That being said, I have to admit, I do like the design but I HIGHLY doubt I'll consider switching to BB any time soon.

If only BB is switching to Android OS too, this will be a very compelling product.

A quad core 1.5 GHz processor, a 4.5 inch AMOLED display with 720x1280 pixels, 12MP back camera and a 5MP front camera. And if that wasn't enough, the BlackBerry Blade is also believed to come with support for 4G LTE, in addition to its 3G and Wi-Fi hotspots features.

That thing with ICS will pawn just 'bout anything Cuppertino can throw at it. But I suppose that's just fantasy, innit?

Only 2 things though - I'd have loved for it to have been 16:9 and with NFC. (Super AMOLED Plus wouldn't have hurt either but for Samsung's supply constraints)

AFAIK 1280x720 IS in fact 16:9.

:oops:

Archived