Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

• Administrator

I know your are jokin but I mean Invision Power Board 3.0.4 that was released in first half of October.

Edited by DKT27

Uhm, its working here.. FF 3.5.5.. SRWare Iron 4 Beta, Internet Explorer 8, Safari 4.0.2, and Opera 10.10 is not cooperating with me to view threads right now and I am not for sure why exactly...first time I have had that issue..

EDIT: Got it working.. I had to enable automatic redirect..BUT the thing is working there too..Edited this post with it..

Edited by heath28m

I'm not joking DKT, we've already updated to 3.0.4 ;)

The search is screwed anyway, I'm not going to spend hours and hours fixing their crap, they use ONE template for 3 different implementations of the search which is not only plain stupid but also lazy.

• Administrator

What? Why you didn't informed us when you updated from IPB 3 to IPB 3.0.4 or was it same when updatin to IP3?

Well I was waitin for news that it was updated so that I would try that buggy Rich Text editor.

• Administrator

Yea that's what I thought. I'll report that RTE works properly or not. :)

Something's wrong with the search results page... Under the "Last Post Info" there is a grey double-arrow which used to lead to the last post. But now the arrow is merged with the date when the last post was posted, and by clicking on it, it shows the first post.

That problem is fixed now on my side

• Administrator

Yea, It's fixed here also. I didn't see it before as I was on the IPB theme. ANW I'm now on CleanCut. :)

So I tried RTE. I still has some problems. Some of which I've mentioned before. But overall it's good and easy to be back to usin Rich Text Editor. :)

Edited by DKT27

• 1 month later...

Here is my wish.

Problem:

I get an email notifying of new topics. Not an issue. However, I believe spammers are using it to send spam. The way they do this is register as new users, open new topics, post garbage, and split. They know users here subscribe to new topics so they get their spams sent via email.

How do I know that the new topics are garbage?

When I look at the emails (most about how to convert DVDs to iPod, Zune, etc.), I get links with RED warning from the Web of Trust (WOT). I would do some digging as who were the new topic posters and discovered that the users were the 1st poster.

Possible solution:

Users must have at least X amount of postings in any thread before starting new topics.

What do you guys think?

(Will Box get his wish fulfill? Stay tuned! The saga continues.)

Edited by box

box, we are already looking into a new way for fighting spam and it might be something very similar to what you've suggested, on the other side the forum engine had a issue in spam fighting module and this problem was fixed very recently which should (as shought suggests) reduce spam considerably.

Yeah.

1/3 to 1/2 of the spam we got came from IP addresses that were already banned, but the ban filter didn't work properly so they got in anyway. That's now been fixed so it should make a significant change.

• Administrator

Hmm. I agree with box's suggestion, even if the anti-spam system would be fixed, it would be better if a person makes at least x posts before allowed to make a thread.

If we disallow them from making a topic they will create a post, which will be even harder for us to moderate.

As rashad said though: we are looking into it.

• Administrator

Members like me are always there to report them and their posts. :angelnot:

Edited by DKT27

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

After Ravisoorya asked for it, it stuck to my mind. I can see many users not postin a software in frontpage section on the forums in-spite of the software being on FP.

I know they can use search feature on FP, but how about nsane.down having a site map or tree where it has names and links of all the software posted on FP? This can be really useful to many members. :)

Edited by DKT27

That shouldn't be too hard to realize, I think... Having some doubts about how useful it would actually be, it might be useful though.

• Administrator

Same here. ^_^

But still, I think this is an important feature that nsane.down is missing.

• Administrator

So you want a list of all the software items on nsane.down on a single page? Shouldn't be difficult. I'll propose it for a future edition.

• Administrator

Pull down menus will only show the sections.

It would be nice to see a page which looks like this -

Internet:

Download managers/Web Browsers/ etc:

Software name.

---------------------------------------------

Security:

Anti Malware/Firewall/etc:

Software name.

This is just an example. Of course it can be more better. If it gets hard to have so many sections name on that page, only the names of the software is also acceptable. ;)

Edited by DKT27

So I am unclear as to what the tabs on the front page are not doing.. unless what your proposing is a tertiary level drop-down for the secondary which it already has..

On another note I just realized we have a new skin for the front page called 'Clean' looks quite nice..

EDIT: It must have been a long while since I have been to the front page because I just found the 'Share' on ' Quick Links' .. all the results from the competition are up .. I had no idea..LOL

Edited by heath28m