Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

You forgot to enable HTML in your post ;)

Enabled it....

So doing this does work on the forums?.... How!!! I want to do it to my guide :ph34r:

• Administrator

Theres an option to enable HTML when making a post... its not enabled for all forums though.

Enabled it....

So doing this does work on the forums?.... How!!! I want to do it to my guide :ph34r:
lol, you mean you didn't knew you could enable html for everyone?

Enabled it....

lol, you mean you didn't knew you could enable html for everyone?
Yes I did, but not that clickable index was possible, if it is?

• 4 weeks later...

Wish:

The posts involving NOD are a mess, I would be willing to clean them up/ condense them. If one of the site staff wants to send me a .txt file of the larger threads that way you don't have to go though the hassle of doing it yourself. If you want I wouldn't mind taking on more responsibility. I usually don't post a ton but I read quite a few of the threads and Ive been monitoring the forum for a few years now (well before I became an official member).

What are you suggesting in those threads?

There are well over 50 threads dedicated to Nod, one is over 100 pages long. We could have a revolving FAQ section dedicated to it, answer the historically common questions, as we get more add to it. Also, nsane.down's section is initially very confusing because there is the Patch (Marsufix 2.5), License Finder, NodLogin. The average user probably gets confused with how they are supposed to use all of them (yes they think they need to use all of them at the same time).

Just an idea. :fool:

Thanks for your input irefay, I was trying to get more answers about the fixes in the ESET Ultimate Topic, but there weren't much replies. So at this time it's just there without being used. If we could draw more attention of the people that know(or make a select group (ViP's) that could help clean up this mess and make one big FAQ like you suggested I think that would be great).

How about changing the timeout for an attempted (but failed) download to something shorter. The links to a application are generally redirects to the software site, while the link to the serial is on this site. I have problems frequently trying to get these small RAR files from Nsane due to the "features" in Internet Explorer that warn the user about the potential for malicous downloads.

I can understand the need to have a timeout before a second attempt, but wouldn't 5 minutes accomplish the same thing as 30 minutes?

• Administrator

The waiting limit has been 15 minutes for a while. Turns out i forgot to change to the error message :) .

It will most likely get reduced to 10 in the near future.....

• 6 months later...

Please fix the redirector (anonym.to)

Every time I edit my posts, the redirectors are added again and again.

• Administrator

This would require finding a new way to implement the mod (its a custom one). I'll see what i can do at some point ;)

This would require finding a new way to implement the mod (its a custom one). I'll see what i can do at some point ;)

I believe it wouldn't require that, we could use the same method for excluding we use with the forums/frontpage.

Or not, I believe it doesn't work like that, but I'll have a look anyway.

• 1 month later...
tonyblair

By googling to see what was "done" about DefenseWall HIPS 2.54, I discover this Forum : tuts4you.

It has the same front page in term of design (Fonts, icons, colors , organisation....) as nsane.

my question :

Is it a Plagiarism?  or a sister Forum? (in the second case I could trust it and register)

I'm a little unsure as to why you posted this here, but ok.

This site is not affiliated with nsane in any way, the same layout can be found on any IPB Pro forum as this is the standard IPB Pro Skin :)

tonyblair

I'm a little unsure as to why you posted this here, but ok.

This site is not affiliated with nsane in any way, the same layout can be found on any IPB Pro forum as this is the standard IPB Pro Skin :)

Thank you for your reply.

I posted here because I thought that my question could be related to "site/Forum Feedback". Now I understand that it should be in the "Forum Topics" and not in the "important Topics : Wishlist"    Sorry for that. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know if i post it in the right thread..

well, hope it is..

i wish nsane could provide jetaudio in the download area..

i know, recently someone make a thread about it (latest retail version of jetaudio)..

the problem is, i'm not comfort if it's not from official of this forum..

EDIT:

i had it downloaded.

got from here

n again, from the look of the .exe, i'm pretty sure this version no a real retail version..

that's why i don't trust anything like that..

n that's why, i wish nsanedown's official could provide us with jetaudio retail version..

there're so many experiences in the past, that's why i don't trust anything easily..

except, of course, if it came from nsanedown download area..

thx guys..

please make it real..

Edited by bibia

• Administrator

We have a strict criteria when listing software. It will be considered for the next round of listings.

Just to let you know, I've had a look at it(download and install) and it seems fine, so you can safely go ahead and use it ;)

Just to let you know, I've had a look at it(download and install) and it seems fine, so you can safely go ahead and use it ;)

well, i did make a mistake about it in my last post..

i thought it was repackage/rebundled, by that person who's post it in that link..

but still, i don't trust it if it's not came from the official (admin/moderators), n from download area..

anyway, thx..

Marik pm me, n gimme a link..

since it came from him (/her?), i trust it.. :angry:

EDIT:

checked both of them with hashtab, one from previous link in this forum, n the other from Marik, n: both of them are the same file...

sorry for my mistake..

i did that, coz i don't trust anyone else than from nsanedown official.. :locked:

Edited by bibia

• 3 months later...

Well there could be two or three scenarios you are referring to..

1. When you click on download it takes you to the full listing.. for each one...then to a download page..Download on the front page cold actually be referred to as a 'Read More' tab like in a blog..IF in fact you hit the site by using "http://nsanedown.com/" then when you access any link it will open in a new tab because technically anything from a different domain will open in a new tab..reason being is that the site is written all with the full "//www.nsanedown.com/" prefix. Sometimes this can be configured in your browser or with extensions.

2. Download link on the download page..whenever you browse another domain link, like I stated above...it WILL open another tab or window in most browsers, unless you reconfigure them to do so. This is normal behavior. The files you are after are not hosted on this site, and most come directly from the main site which hosts the software.

3. Redirect page is there as part of the site, and will open in a new tab because it also is a proxy from another domain.

Someone correct me if I am wrong... but I think if you want this functionally to change you must address your browsers behavior as this not a-typical behavior of any site on the Internet.