Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

spasserfan

Site/Forum Wishlist

If you have any suggestions for this site/forum post them here!

My first wish is this wishlist (you could just choose to use this topic now I posted it ;) ) (EDIT: Not really a wish anymore since this topic has become sticky ;) )

Secondly I think that a game chat, since this doesn't really fit under the software chat category ;) . A movie chat would also be nice to have :frusty:

and the addition of a ";P" smiley post-12501-1214933400_thumb.jpg as you can see I have attached one, but if anyone has a better one please add it!

This forum is the best ;) , lets make it even better ;)

:party:

Edited by shought

Good initiative, but a ;) smiley is already here... DOH! ;) Ah well. Maybe a nsane chatroom(for problems that need constant communication)? Maybe an ability to save the whole chat and make an 'how to solve .....' thread out of it eventually? Don't have any ideas for improvements at the moment, so just spitting out everything that comes to my mind(which sadly(or not, no improvement possibilities must mean a perfect forum(logic spasserfan, you know, that exotic fruit?)) is just one thing).

If you guys don't understand the logic/exotic fruit part please DO NOT bother to ask ;)

Edit: Oh I see you meant a smiley like ;) and ;) combined? Ah well... Nothing can actually be perfect :frusty:

Edited by Shought

• Administrator

From past experience, a chat would lead to less forum posts. Currently, a chat i don't think should be on the agenda.

From past experience, a chat would lead to less forum posts. Currently, a chat i don't think should be on the agenda.

Yeah, that was why I was unsure too. That's why I edited my post and added the part about the ability to save the whole thread and post it on the forums wen solved/no salvation found. Ah well, can't think of anything else now, I'll be back here when I do :frusty: Edited by Shought

spasserfan

I did not really mean a chat, i meant a forum to discuss movies and one for games, just called it "chat" because the other discussions are called this "software chat" and "filesharing chat" ;)

spasserfan

Good initiative, but a :P smiley is already here... DOH! :P Ah well. Maybe a nsane chatroom(for problems that need constant communication)? Maybe an ability to save the whole chat and make an 'how to solve .....' thread out of it eventually? Don't have any ideas for improvements at the moment, so just spitting out everything that comes to my mind(which sadly(or not, no improvement possibilities must mean a perfect forum(logic spasserfan, you know, that exotic fruit?)) is just one thing).

If you guys don't understand the logic/exotic fruit part please DO NOT bother to ask :P

Edit: Oh I see you meant a smiley like ;) and :P combined? Ah well... Nothing can actually be perfect ;)

That was exactly what I meant, instead of having to put ;) and :P together every time it would just be a lot easier (LOGIC! ;):P) and some eye candy (might need another smiley than the one I attached in the first place ;). I had good one I used some time ago, but lost it when I reinstalled windows ( :doh: Always remember to backup you emotions ;):P)

I did not really mean a chat, i meant a forum to discuss movies and one for games, just called it "chat" because the other discussions are called this "software chat" and "filesharing chat" ;)

Lite and eBait were referring to my 'Chatbox' idea :P

spasserfan

Lite and eBait were referring to my 'Chatbox' idea ;)

My bad :P

@Lite: Will you consider adding a game forum and a movie forum?

• Administrator

Yes i will. Maybe have a forum called "ENTERTAINMENT CHAT" instead? I can add in the description games, movies, tv etc.

How does this sound?

spasserfan

Yes i will. Maybe have a forum called "ENTERTAINMENT CHAT" instead? I can add in the description games, movies, tv etc.

How does this sound?

I did also consider this, however more forums give more last post in forum index, and if you eye just catches a post you want to read about in a forum you just might not normally check, this would give more forum posts. You said earlier that you did not want a chat because that would give less posts :P

PS: how about making this topic sticky?

spasserfan

I have a new wish:

The ability to link to text later in your post, that I could really use in my guide to systemboosterXP to make my table of contents clickable.

They way this could be done was by allowing the following HTML code in the forum posts (tried to add it by using the HTML editor, but it was automatically removed):

To set a point to target the link on the same page:

<a name="Link target"></a>
To Jump to the above specified target

<a href="#Link%20target">name on link</a>
Maybe add target="_self" to the link code to ensure that it is opened in the same window

• Administrator

HTML will never be enabled for "members - its too much of a security risk.Its enabled after a certain amount of posts (when you become a ViP), can't remember exactly however, but i will be changing it to 500 ;) .

spasserfan

HTML will never be enabled for "members - its too much of a security risk.Its enabled after a certain amount of posts (when you become a ViP), can't remember exactly however, but i will be changing it to 500 :) .

I see then I only got 346 posts left :D

HTML will never be enabled for "members - its too much of a security risk.Its enabled after a certain amount of posts (when you become a ViP), can't remember exactly however, but i will be changing it to 500 :) .

Can ViP's and Staff members use every HTML code they wish? Maybe I could do it for spasserfan, and for my guide then!

Btw: Becoming ViP was formerly post 801 if I recall correctly :D

Edited by Shought

spasserfan

Can ViP's and Staff members use every HTML code they wish? Maybe I could do it for spasserfan, and for my guide then!

Btw: Becoming ViP was formerly post 801 if I recall correctly :P

I have explained how you could do it :D . You are welcome to add the feature (hurry up you have to do it before I reach 500 posts :P )

EDIT: good Lite lowered the limit then :P

Edited by spasserfan

I have explained how you could do it :D . You are welcome to add the feature (hurry up you have to do it before I reach 500 posts :P )

EDIT: good Lite lowered the limit then :D

I don't think you want me doing it... I've got little knowledge of HTML. I've just tried doing it on my own guide, didn't work out :P I was smart enough two make two backups before starting(one HTML and one forum code) :dance2:

Ah well, I don't think this forum supports linking to another part of a post does it? Because I know I did do it right... The anonym.to thing messes up a little, and it always opens up in another page, even when I add the _self tag.

Edited by Shought

spasserfan

HTML will never be enabled for "members - its too much of a security risk.Its enabled after a certain amount of posts (when you become a ViP), can't remember exactly however, but i will be changing it to 500 :D .

I have explained how you could do it :P . You are welcome to add the feature (hurry up you have to do it before I reach 500 posts :P )

EDIT: good Lite lowered the limit then :dance2:

I don't think you want me doing it... I've got little knowledge of HTML. I've just tried doing it on my own guide, didn't work out :D I was smart enough two make two backups before starting(one HTML and one forum code) :dance2:

Ah well, I don't think this forum supports linking to another part of a post does it? Because I know I did do it right... The anonym.to thing messes up a little, and it always opens up in another page, even when I add the _self tag.

Well then it might not be possible unless some changes are made to the forum :)

• Administrator

Even if a staff member edits a users post that HTML in that post will become invalid.

spasserfan

Even if a staff member edits a users post that HTML in that post will become invalid.

OK. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

<A NAME="here">Top of post</a>

Testing

Maybe you can take the diffrent steps in diffrent posts and

use the [ post=100]Click me![/post ]

<A HREF="#here">To top of post</A>

Good idea, but a little to much a a hassle I think.. Won't look as good as HTML too ;) But nice idea, hadn't thought of that yet.