Creative X-Fi To Be Released!

Samurai

xfilogo2rx.jpg

The most powerful audio processor ever built will soon be providing previously unimaginable benefits to users around the world. Delivering such benefits as accelerated frame-rates in games, providing the most realistic headphone surround experience and even adding back in to music the sparkle that is lost during MP3 or WMA compression - this new technology is going to transform the world of entertainment. Whatever you enjoy doing, if it involves audio, is never going to be the same again!

This latest addition to the EAX® family delivers a number of new features that will drive gaming audio to a new level. It delivers double the voice count, so you get more detail and speed in your games. Developers can also add interactive music to games. EAX® ADVANCED HD™ 5.0 also adds a dedicated bass feed for each of the 128 voices, so gaming audio becomes more cinematic. Next you get Environment FlexiFX™, which gives developers total freedom to use any of four simultaneous effects with any of the 128 voices. Finally EAX® MacroFX™ allows EAX® ADVANCED HD™ to simulate sounds passing very close to you!

Since its introduction in 1998 EAX® has delivered incredible real-time environmental audio to millions of gamers. EAX® stands for Environmental Audio eXtensions and is a programming interface that allows developers to access the special features of Sound Blaster® cards. This allows them to add ultra-realistic and incredibly immersive audio to games! Today there are over 400 EAX® titles ranging from EAX 1.0 to EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 and each level adds more features and more realism for gaming.

So now, to exploit the full potential of the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity Audio Processor we have developed a new version of EAX. Click on any of the EAX® ADVANCED HD™ 5.0 features to find out more :

• 128 Voices - More Audio Detail Than Ever Before!
  • EAX® Voice - Get Inside The Game!
  • EAX® PurePath™ - Truly Cinematic Gaming Audio
  • Environment FlexiFX™ - Xtreme Gaming Audio!
  • EAX® MacroFX™ - Getting You Closer To Your Gaming Audio!
  • Environment Occlusion™ - OK, The Bad Guys Are Outside!

Homepage: Creative X-Fi Website

This is going to be awesome! :P

• Replies 2
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even adding back in to music the sparkle that is lost during MP3 or WMA compression

correction: with shitty mp3 compression...

sorry had to say something, it's just suprising how stupid these guys are. they can make a bad ass microchip, but it's like they never heard the word LAME before :P like rockstar using 24KHz tracks in GTA:SA, that's HALF the frequency range of most CDs (really shitty), instead of using some VBRs...it's like WTF? :P

Yea I sometimes think to myself whether or not they actually do some research before going ahead with production.

Really looking forward to this soundcard though. By the time it gets released and a few months have passed, it will be the time I plan on building a new PC for myself. I was planning on getting the Audigy 4 but this card looks like it's going to kick the Audigy 4 in the ass. Hopefully, they'll sort out decent drivers this time, and stop bundling their crap in that no one wants.

Archived