Google wants you to enter your credit card as part of Gmail signup?

nsane.forums

Google is testing a new email signup page where it will ask the user to enter their credit card information to also create a Google Wallet account.

Mwh6z.png

Google is on a mission to embed all of its products within its other products, which we have seen with the implementation of Google+ on its homepage. This type of cross selling is an easy way to promote your own products for (nearly) free to individuals who already use your services.

What Google is now doing, or at least beta testing, is the creation of a Google Wallet account when setting up a new email address, via Robert Matei.

This new addition, which is prompted in the setup phase of an email account, makes it seem as if the Google email account is not free. We understand that Google wants to create as many Google Wallet accounts as possible but the mix and match of email to credit card seems like a strange marriage.

Time will tell if this feature actually gets included in the basic email setup but as Google continues to blend its products such as putting Google+ on its iconic homepage, we must wonder if it really is your first thought to also hand over your credit card number too?

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering you must have a Google Wallet account to buy Android apps it would seem to make sense if you are setting up an account on an Android based phone. Otherwise it should not be required. Anyway that's my 2 cents...

lmfao i think ima do the same for now on !

no problem here...I just used my ex wifes info...lol....bitch

I Think ima do the same damn thing lmao

Well it doesn't seem to be required.. you could just press the "Not now" button.. but that would of course not make a new headline about how evil a company google really is :rolleyes:

in other words, google is satan and wants your life, your f****ng money and your soul

dat feel when the internet wasn't ran by corrupt government bastards who rule everything with their iron dictatorship fist....I miss that feel TAT

Archived