Ubisoft caught in a little Assassin’s Creed scandal

Zeus_Hunt

assassinscreedun3.jpgEver since the release of Assassin's Creed on the PC, there has been a controversy brewing over the game's support for DirectX 10.1 and it looks as if things aren't going to calm down.

You see, owners of ATI Radeon HD 3000-series graphics cards benefitted from the inclusion of DirectX 10.1, as it enabled them to run anti-aliasing in a single pass that resulted in it delivering higher performance than the GeForce 9600 GT. The improvement was to the tune of 20 percent as a result of DirectX 10.1.

However, Assassin's Creed has had several reports of stability problems—mostly from users with Nvidia hardware, according to a report on TG Daily—and this led to the announcement of a patch that would remove DirectX 10.1 support from the game.

Assassin's Creed is a part of Nvidia's The Way It's Meant To Be Played program and so it didn't take long for the conspiracy theorists to suggest possible foul play by Nvidia because the company doesn't have any DirectX 10.1 supporting hardware.

view.gif View: Original Article

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played AC but it had a bug called Jerusalem which didn't let me eneter into the Jerusalem city so much hardwork for nothing.... :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :frusty:

LemonHead2089
I played AC but it had a bug called Jerusalem which didn't let me eneter into the Jerusalem city so much hardwork for nothing.... :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :frusty:

Wasn't that only with the early pirated versions? because i had the same problem... but then they released the actual copy of game. Everything worked fine after that and i have GeForce 8600

I played AC but it had a bug called Jerusalem which didn't let me eneter into the Jerusalem city so much hardwork for nothing.... ;) :D :coolwink: :welcome:

Wasn't that only with the early pirated versions? because i had the same problem... but then they released the actual copy of game. Everything worked fine after that and i have GeForce 8600

Yup ur rite but unfortunately my bro got AC dvd's yest from frnd and they were having this bug and after playing for so many hours and then to give up on such fantastic game sucks doesn't it. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

I played AC but it had a bug called Jerusalem which didn't let me eneter into the Jerusalem city so much hardwork for nothing.... :fear: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Yup ur rite but unfortunately my bro got AC dvd's yest from frnd and they were having this bug and after playing for so many hours and then to give up on such fantastic game sucks doesn't it. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Well if it's really a fantastic game it's really no harm supporting the original. Seriously, PC gaming is dying due to severe piracy. Although i do p2p but i do support original if the game is really good. Just my 2 cents ;)

Well if it's really a fantastic game it's really no harm supporting the original. Seriously, PC gaming is dying due to severe piracy. Although i do p2p but i do support original if the game is really good. Just my 2 cents ;)

Believe me, these companies still make enough money :fear: It's just that they're either not gaining profit or even loosing some from past years(in percentages compared to the previous year) so year 1: 100 profit, year 2 100 profit or 99 profit, something like that... They still make profit, enough, too much, who is to judge.

Well if it's really a fantastic game it's really no harm supporting the original. Seriously, PC gaming is dying due to severe piracy. Although i do p2p but i do support original if the game is really good. Just my 2 cents :)

Believe me, these companies still make enough money :D It's just that they're either not gaining profit or even loosing some from past years(in percentages compared to the previous year) so year 1: 100 profit, year 2 100 profit or 99 profit, something like that... They still make profit, enough, too much, who is to judge.

Ya i agree with firefly.

I really liked the game. Nice story and so on.

I had the "pirated version bug" too, but since the game was so good to me... I downloaded the "final" game again and finished it!

Hope there will be more ACs... Anyone know when will AC2 arrive?

I cant wait to find out how will the story finish. Its a real pain...

Well due to Jerusalem patch i wasn't able to finish the game.. :frusty: :think: :notworthy: but that means the story didn't end?

The story didnt end. Watch videos on youtube and you will see whats going on...

That's kool i have got new dvd's of AC from friend iam gonna install and n'joy... :) :welcome: :dance2:

Archived