avast! 7 Beta

AlienForce1

There were rumours about a new avast! version to be released soon - here are some leaked screenshots : B)

In addition to a restyled interface, we can observe a new cloud module and a cloud file reputation.

FM4RG.jpg

dV3wP.jpg

pn0UO.jpg

So far about Avast 7 is known the following:

Run the web browser AutoSandbox

Cloud Technology / queries to the cloud

Phishing protection.

Remote Support (remote assistance) - can control the computer remotely using another computer that has installed Avast! 7

Reputation files (Avast server query to determine if the file is dangerous or not).

Safe Zone: Recommendation automatic use area in the process of online banking

Safe Zone: WebRep available and safe area.

Safe Zone: Importing bookmarks outside safe area

Sandbox: Complete Redesign module AutoSandbox

Sandbox: can set the location where files are stored

Sandbox: Network Virtualization

Backup / Restore settings Avast

Support for Windows 8

Improvements in update process

Improvements in behavioral protection

Streaming updates.

• Replies 24
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Moved to Security and Pirvacy Center.

:dribble: :dribble:

testing this right now (beta tester) and have been for a few days some new things but imo mostly a new interface at this point. the one thing i dont like is they keep adding more social content to this like the facebook stuff etc. i HATE that garbage and especially hate it in programs. but overall this is a great new interface and hopefully they will get the detection rates up since the last tests from 2011 were pretty aweful results imo for what avast is known for. it seems to be heavier than version 6 for me at least also..

it seems to be heavier than version 6 for me at least also..

- don`t forget that it`s not even in public beta yet ...

testing this right now (beta tester) and have been for a few days some new things but imo mostly a new interface at this point. the one thing i dont like is they keep adding more social content to this like the facebook stuff etc. i HATE that garbage and especially hate it in programs. but overall this is a great new interface and hopefully they will get the detection rates up since the last tests from 2011 were pretty aweful results imo for what avast is known for. it seems to be heavier than version 6 for me at least also..

If you can turn off the social content, there's nothing wrong with that. I love the new Avast!, they're getting better and better every time! :D

Its UI very awesome.Thanks Norton for its reputation,first kaspersky then ESET and now Avast copy that ;) .

oh dont get me wrong its very good and im nitpicking here... but i can say it def is heavier and i know its not public yet i cant say a whole lot yet but it is MUCH nicer than previous version 6 i just hope they have spent time on things other than just the gui and the detection gets better from the last few tests

Its UI very awesome.Thanks Norton for its reputation,first kaspersky then ESET and now Avast copy that ;) .

Kaspersky copied Norton GUI ?!!

I don't think so!

I don't think so!

i think morteza means that kaspersky, eset and avast copy norton`s reputation technique. ok, i think so, AFAIK norton is the first antivirus that uses reputation technique

In fact, norton's reputation files make me crazy. It give more false positives than detecting a real virus. :angry:

I don't think so!

I said Norton's Reputation not Norton GUI...

I don't like this type of GUI for Antivirus,

If they would make AV for me it would be controlled only through cmd.exe and it would be almost invisible !

Why people give so much attention and energy to software that shouldn't even exist if Windows is as good as it should be !

Ok, we must use some security softwares, decide which one, setup and configure it, make is as silent as possible and forget about it for one year ,

use your machine to read ebooks,watch movies, listen songs, write, draw, paint, code, learn, study and try not to spent time on meaningless stuff,

because one day you will reach certain age when you will realise that you spent alot of time in nothing and, unless you work at security industry, you will regret it!

:wut:

I think it was McAfee that introduced in-the-cloud detection first.

I don't like this type of GUI for Antivirus,

If they would make AV for me it would be controlled only through cmd.exe and it would be almost invisible !

Why people give so much attention and energy to software that shouldn't even exist if Windows is as good as it should be !

Ok, we must use some security softwares, decide which one, setup and configure it, make is as silent as possible and forget about it for one year ,

use your machine to read ebooks,watch movies, listen songs, write, draw, paint, code, learn, study and try not to spent time on meaningless stuff,

because one day you will reach certain age when you will realise that you spent alot of time in nothing and, unless you work at security industry, you will regret it!

:wut:

Thank you for your wise words :P

That's very different.You can study about reputation and cloud based detection :) .

That's very different.You can study about reputation and cloud based detection :) .

I'm sorry I got confused, but thanks for letting me know :)

Beta Testing began today : :)

New features

- New installer

- UI facelift

- FileRep service (cloud based)

- Streaming updates

- Sandbox & Autosandbox improvements

- Browser protection improvements

- Remote assistance feature to help your friends with computer troubles

- Support tool

- Export/Import settings

- Screensaver facelift

- runs on Win8 Developer Preview

- and many, many security improvements

How to install avast! 7

Just run the setup executable (links above). This version can be

installed on top of your existing avast installation (6.x).

Known issues

- In some cases, WebRep Chrome plugin is not installed correctly

- The Safezone browser is opening each time when you switch back and to the Safezone

- Plugins for Outlook 2k3 and 2k7 show “runtime error” message

- Sometimes autosandbox toaster does not close correctly

- Problems with avast sounds on Win 7 and Win Vista

- Remote assistance feature sometimes crashes on Win 7 32b, Win Vista 64b

- avast! account functionality is disabled

DOWNLOAD:

Avast! Antivirus Free 7

Avast! Antivirus Pro 7

Avast! Internet Security 7

Feedback , bug reports , suggestions : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=92820.0

• Administrator

About the last particular post above (public beta one). Updates of the softwares listed on frontpage should be posted in Frontpage Update Updates (by making a different thread). Anyway it's frontpaged now. :)

since yesterday, i switched from kaspersky to avast internet security v6

what i got today was very bad,

with avast firewall enabled, my ftp speed only 30 kBps

while avast firewall disable, my ftp speed 12 mBps

avast = :wtf:

let's hope it won't happen again in avast next version -_-

Archived