eMule 0.49a Beta

Lite

• Administrator

eMuleLogo.pngeMule is a peer-to-peer file sharing application for Microsoft Windows. Started in May 2002 as an alternative to eDonkey2000, eMule now connects to both the eDonkey network and the Kad network. The distinguishing features of eMule are the direct exchange of sources between client nodes, fast recovery of corrupted downloads, and the use of a credit system to reward frequent uploaders. Furthermore, eMule transmits data in zlib-compressed form to save bandwidth.

Thanks to bearoninternet for the update.

Download

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the update :dance2:

this is the best download-program ever :cheers:, i always download my movies/music/programs with emule.. you will find everything..

Very often people tell emule is not fast, this is not true.. movies (just released) i have within 2/3 hours (700MB), albums even faster .. sometimes a movie takes a week, but then we are talking about a movie of the year 1985..

But there are a few things you must now when you start downloading with emule:

> Never use the search-option (unless you know what you are doing), the best way to search your files is by using ed2k-index sites, these are sites where people post ed2k-links.. if you click the ed2k-link yoú will start downloading the file. This way you alway know it is safe, becaus you can read other replays of other members, you can see screenshots of the movies, you can see the specs .. etc. etc. etc.

> Make sure you have a high ID, you have to open your ports in the router, because downloading is 10 times slower if you have a low ID..

> make sure you use an ip-filter!

best ed2k-site i know is www.sharethefiles.com (register/login for free), you'll find great guides there on how to open ports and how to configure/optimize emule- preferences and how to install/download an ip-filter :P

Archived