Norton Internet Security 2012 & System Mechanic 10.7 Incompatible

Tweety.Abd

Hey.

I were trying to block a program from accessing the internet using the program control, and then it said that the Symantec Framework service has stopped working. I tried restarting Norton, but there was no response. Few minutes later I got this message on a pop up.

4gtfrb.png

I were searching for a possible fix for in on Google, and I came across a topic on Norton Community. One Symantec employee posted while addressing the issue wrote:

23h8th3.png

Apparently, the System Mechanic version in topic was about the 'Standard' edition which does not have any sorts of security tools which might potentially lead to conflicts with Norton Internet Security 2012. Further he mentioned that Symantec already offers a similar product to what System Mechanic does (Norton Utilities), so it may cause conflict in the system (I'm not sure how, as no reasons were provided by Symantec) and therefore not supported.

This is really stupid on part of Symantec and I would suggest that a company of Symantec's reputation select a more 'respectable' approach. I'm trying to resolve it with the Symantec support and see what they have to say about the issue. If it's resolved, it's all good, and if it is incompatible, I'll just move away from Symantec.

• Replies 2
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why you using System Mechanic when there is better programs then SM. I tryed and realy sux and its bloated and full of crap.

I'm not sure why you using System Mechanic when there is better programs then SM.

IMO it used to be good, when there was practically nothing else around; Anyway, personally I'm keeping it simple with COMODO now-a-days. Defense+ and everything automated, it -somehow- manages to deal with most of the stuff; Even with it disabled, using just the Firewall, it'll still come up with warnings when there are serious hooks, or similar happening. Maybe it's worth giving it a shot and falling back to the NAV component only; it's how I have the PCs running here. :$

Archived