• WaterFox
    • Cometbird
    • Other Browser

i can't live without the firefox addons

adblock greasemonkey

skipscreen

the list endless

and really it does not use that much memory

true....em totally comfortable with mozilla firefox..............

Is SkipScreen 0.6.1.0s the latest? If yes, then that's a bummer, no support for newer Firefox builds :(...

EDIT: Unless I really have to use the AMO, which I don't want to...

• Replies 34
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to use PaleMoon, but the developer has to focus on releasing too many different versions and ends up taking at least a week after FireFox is updated to provide the next PaleMoon version. I've switched to Waterfox recently, which has only one version (x64) so should make the development cycle faster. There is no way I could wait a week and risk my security.

I also tried Chrome 17, but there was no option to setup a proxy to the internet - it piggy packs of IE's settings. I don't want IE to have my settings.... I'm far to paranoid to just let any program access the internet from my work PC.

• Administrator

I also tried Chrome 17, but there was no option to setup a proxy to the internet - it piggy packs of IE's settings. I don't want IE to have my settings.... I'm far to paranoid to just let any program access the internet from my work PC.

That was my very very first reason to hate Chrome. This has been since the time it was introduced. I dunno what guys at Google think but I'm totally unhappy to use IE's proxy settings, which has like system-wide effect, in Chrome.

Anyway, quite surprised to see so many members still preferring Firefox and yes, I'm one of them. I tried Chrome sometime very recently and I'm still disappointed. Chrome being uber-fast is not an unknown fact, but the lack of good addons, like no proper FTP client addon, the alive urls in the url bar, and half of my needed features still not implemented is the deciding point for me.

Sure, Firefox is a biiiiiiig memory hog, but being on a 4GB RAM system, it doesn't concern me, especially when it does what I want.

Firefox :win: because all of the Add-ons available and also the third-party software it like roboform since its well known :D.

I like Chrome as a backup to Firefox. Though it's similar to IE in it's simplicity, I like having the add-ons, which is something that I don't think IE offers.

since few days sticked to CHROME..started liking it tooo..now its my default one..

Archived