Guerrilla Mail: Create & Use Temporary, Anonymous Email Addresses

madeinheaven

Guerrilla Mail: Create & Use Temporary, Anonymous Email Addresses

Many services and web apps require you to sign up with a valid email address, and they usually check that by sending a verification email to your specified address, which, in turn, might contain a link that you need to visit for the sign up process to complete. While this seems authentic on the service’s part, most users feel uncomfortable in doing so because of the resultant plethora of spam and promotional emails that bombard your inbox. Guerrilla Mail is a web app that can solve your problem by creating a temporary email address. You can use these to receive verification and configuration emails, validate your address and rest assured that none of your personal details will be compromised as the app will discard your email address after one hour (default setting).

Every time you visit the website, it will automatically assign a random, @sharklasers.com email address that you can use for one hour. The email address will automatically expire after 60 minutes, during which you can read all emails received on this address. The one-hour limit can easily be increased using the Extend button to add an extra hour.

Once you’re done with signing up or accessing any website content, all you need to do is use the Forget Me button to remove your temporary inbox completely from Guerrilla Mail.

20111023032003iphone.png

To check if your email address is functioning properly, you can send an email to it and check your inbox.

inbox1iphone.png

Guerilla Mail is a fast, efficient and handy web app for situations where you want to keep your personal email private. It requires no sign up whatsoever, and you don’t need to give any personal details, saving time and avoiding frustration.

• Replies 7
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the two i always prefer -

tempalias.com http://tempalias.com/#/ , - especially like this one . the mails are forwarded to the real mail address and there are no limitations on the number of mail forwards or the validity duration of the temp mail address .

just specify the number of mail forwards required and the duration of validity of the mail address ,

click create and you have the custom email address ready ..! :)

and sometimes ,

trashmail.net https://ssl.trashmail.net/

Yes, I like tempalias.com as well. It's fast & simple to use.

You can also install a bookrmarklet at the browser.

As for Chrome, there's an extension by Kit Sunde.

I use 10min mail and Trashmail.net, but this looks good also with no registration. If one doesn't work usually the other does. :D

Archived