mp3 elf

dock98

Introducing the MP3elf...

The MP3elf is a low-cost Ethernet connected MP3 player that receives a MP3 stream from a local area network server and delivers it to amplified speakers

or a Hi-Fi system.

You can have a single source of MP3 files in your home or office, and browse through playlists from any MP3elf.

Multiple MP3elf's can access the same music and playlists, or even hook in to streaming internet radio.

There's no need to transfer your new MP3 files all over the place - they can now be kept in a single location, on the music server PC

The Universal IR receiver allows the MP3elf to respond to one of your existing Remote Controls (or use the on-board pushbuttons)

and the LCD interface can display your very own choice of information.

The elfServer software design allows compatibility with a range of different front-end options.

As it is Java based, it can run on Windows, Macintosh, or Linux machines.

MP3elf

MP3elf V2

...now how do I get one?

A fully assembled MP3elf may be purchased directly, alternatively...

The entire design is available under open source BSD License - you can download all the design documentation, source code,

and circuit board layouts for free, and build your own!

Kits are also available for purchase, to save you the trouble of sourcing most of the components yourself.

We are selling these kits to cover our own development expenses, rather than to make a profit.

This project is intended to showcase our design skills using microcontroller technology with a range of software platforms -

if you have your own commercial project in mind that you would like to have developed, please feel free to contact us

!Website

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if it's not... That shouldn't be too big of a problem, should it now? :rofl: YARGH!@ (I'll be away for 4 days, after that i'll be glad to help you with that :lol:)

Archived