how to buy a refurbished pc

dock98

GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW. If you have a favorite brand, check the manufacturer's site first. It can be more convenient buying from the maker,

especially if you have to return the product.

HOW MUCH SPEED DO YOU NEED? A good deal on a refurbished system might mean getting a processor with slightly lower clock speed than the latest version.

Will the difference between, say, 1.6 and 2.3 GHz matter? If the user is going to be running standard business applications, surfing the Web, and e-mailing,

probably not.

LOOK FOR SYSTEMS WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF RAM. Then, for a performance boost, go fill up with brand-name memory from your favorite supplier.

WHAT'S THE SOFTWARE SITUATION? Make sure an older machine will fit into your OS and application upgrade plans.

REMEMBER THE MONITOR. Most refurb packages do not include one, so factor in that additional cost. See if the vendor is bundling a monitor with a new model;

you could end up with a better deal.

full article

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ben wanting to buy a new one but i need to work some more and do other stuff but for now i am okay... its an OK computer ;) or i can just buy upgrades...

Archived