pc games not doing so well

dock98

Is PC gaming dead? Of course not, but that doesn't mean there aren't increasingly visible signs that the market could be in need of drastic changes

in the way games are made and distributed. The latest indicator comes from some sobering NPD numbers (via Shacknews),

showing that of the $18.85 billion dollars (267.8 million units in total) in North American games sales in 2007, only $910.7 million (36.4 million units)

came from PC games -- just about 14%. That's compared with $6.6 billion (153.9 million units) from consoles, and $2 billion (77.5 million units)

from portables.

Additionally, NPD released the top 10 best selling PC games of 2007, and it will surprise no one that six of them have either

"World of Warcraft" or "The Sims" in their titles:

full article

post-3563-1201655732_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That could be because getting a high end computer upgrade to play games like warcraft and crysis costs a crap load of money, and not everyone has money like that(I know I dont, which is whyI'm perfectly happy playing my 360). :smoke:

Not evryone can afford a duble core CPU or a fast c omputer period... me myselfe i play alot of games i like playing games but sometimes i cant play them without the screen lagg so i change settings untill it plays normal or somewhat... but yeah games get higher and higher on the speed of your computer you need. ;)

It's that a console is so much easier just pop in the game and go, no worries about it won't work, no updates to worry about, then it's much more social I think, you can play multiplayer with your friends on the same console, thats why I'm getting a 360 and that GTA4 ;) is released to 360 and PS3 almost a year earlier (360 is much cheaper than PS3).

It doesn't cost that much to get the power you need in a PC to play your games, for example here in Sweden a friend of mine bought really good PC for almost a year ago for approx 1000$ (10000 sek) and now when I was going to get me a new PC i could almost the same (if not better) for only 300$ on brittish eBay.

He means the prices of the same components/PC went from $1000 to 300£ I think.. Can't bother to check how much GBP was in USD now tho, but guess it's still a big diff..

It indeed sucks how you should update your pc all the time to keep up with the games..

He means the prices of the same components/PC went from $1000 to 300£ I think.. Can't bother to check how much GBP was in USD now tho, but guess it's still a big diff..

It indeed sucks how you should update your pc all the time to keep up with the games..

its the money.they do it so you have to upgrade,

its the money.they do it so you have to upgrade,

Yea, I know..

I'm still a proud PC gamer.. My consoles = PSP ;)

Nice piece of hw for trips (& even home, no probs with that :P), easy to hack & has lots of emus and homebrew available after installing custom fw..

Archived