Samsung Unveils Flexible Smartphone

tysroby

android_flexi2.jpg

Think a flexible smartphone is just science fiction? You might have to think again, thanks to Samsung. The Korean company recently unveiled Galaxy Skin, an Android smartphone that can take on different shapes and take on even hammer blows, set to begin production in 2012 Q2 with murmurings of a release sometime thereafter.

So aside from its flexible form, what specs can Galaxy Skin boastof? For starters, it will have a flexible 4″ AMOLED display (800×480) made of plastic polyimide substrate. Samsung already confirmed that they have started production of such screens. This form of AMOLED technology consumes less energy but still delivers good screen brightness compared to the normal Samsung AMOLED screens.

Other known specs of Galaxy Skin include 1 GB RAM; 1.2 GHz processor; 8 MP rear camera and VGA front camera with auto focus, self-portrait, stop motion, action shot, and Panorama shots; and 1500 mAh battery. Connectivity-wise, it has Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n features. It will reportedly run on Android Jellybean (the next Google OS version after Ice Cream Sandwich), but there are speculations that Google will make a special version for it, namely Android Flexy.

With the Galaxy Skin, one can have table clock, smart projector, or even a wristwatch. Now we await Apple’s statement regarding this.

Source: The Android Authority

2-600x875.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wheres the battery at?

Here is a practical use for this phone: my ex could definitely use one. Her phone always had to suffer when we had an argument. But this new invention has the potential to take all the hardship.

Here is a practical use for this phone: my ex could definitely use one. Her phone always had to suffer when we had an argument. But this new invention has the potential to take all the hardship.

well it shoudl nt been shoved up an a..... lol joking

:lmao: SOO flexible... really get it in there... :rofl: Now if they could load it with ' flubber ' so she can throw it and it can bounce back and take her down.. :lmao:

:lmao: SOO flexible... really get it in there... :rofl: Now if they could load it with ' flubber ' so she can throw it and it can bounce back and take her down.. :lmao:

she could stick it someplace else and use the vibrate opition. no bf or man required

It looks all very beautiful and everybody is happy, just like in a Jehovah’s witnesses magazine.I don't believe all this technology that has yet to be invented will be accesible to everyone, at least not in the near future, as the clip shows. I have a long way to go, from my wooden furniture, desktop pc and old (yet sturdy) Nokia mobile phone.

I'm pretty sure much of the glass tech is possible (at very high costs) even today.

But as you mentioned, it will reach the common guy in 20 yrs or so (I think), that's supposing that a better alternative will not be found.

But I highly like the idea of having a full PC in my pocket, from which I can do design, programming, watch clips etc. just by connecting it to screens that are practically everywhere.

Screen size worries me. Think we need a minimum of 1280 x 800 - 15" Projectable display.. :thumbsup: Get some real use out of it.. while using the touch screen as a mousepad.. May take a some changes..

• Administrator

True. My sis's first phone. After 3 years, my father used it, ran almost 5 years. And is still working if turned ON. :)

Archived