clean windows install and i'm using PB pure fix

7 ultimate sp1

ram 2gb

dual core 2.20

ESS 5.0.94.0

Posted Image

Edited by fumia

• Administrator

You might be using something that's being scanned by ESET. Yes it has jumped to 80MB on my side too once, but it's sitting at 62MB right now. 2GB system RAM.

i think i found the problem :D

it's already 4 days ESS 5 keep stabilizing at 80-83k

just a moment ago i turned off HIPS and right now Ekrn.exe only using 7-24k :P

Edited by fumia

After running for a day or so, egui.exe runs at 50% cpu. Hovering the cursor over the systray icon it shows the virus defs but nothing happens with right click and double clicking opens a clear window making it impossible to enter and check anything. Rebooting corrects problem till it happens again. Never had this problem with v4 and did clean install of v5. Any ideas?

Eav 5.0.94 on xp pro sp3

• 3 weeks later...
banana.pancake33

Hi!

I have a little problem since I installed ESS 5.

When I made a scan, at the end I have no pop-up to choose 'Delete', 'clean' etc

How can I fix it?

reading the discussion since page 1 to 3, it seems eset 5 have big problem no ? (lagging, big memory used....).

I was thinking to uninstall my eset 4 and install this eset 5 WITH HIPS running, but I've got a doubt now :unsure:

what do you think ?

I'm with XP SP3, 2Gb ram

thanks for your opinion

• Administrator

It has it's bugs, but I'll still recommend v5 if you can get rid or go through them...

Nod32 v5 works pretty well for my part , no bugs so far.

Bitdefender 2012 is not bad but I've always heard it's a real hog on the PC , so if you want something fast...Eset is the best for that :)

I try to install bitdefender.....and my computer doesn't want to arrive to the "office". :angry:

so what....i'm back to eset and will install eset 5. :showoff:

lol :lol:

Bitdefender 2012 is not bad but I've always heard it's a real hog on the PC , so if you want something fast...Eset is the best for that :)

I have BitDefender IS 2012 installed on my laptop (for about 3 weeks) and I don`t find it a resource hog...

I try to install bitdefender.....and my computer doesn't want to arrive to the "office". :angry:

What do you mean by -> my computer doesn't want to arrive to the "office" ?!?

Edited by AlienForce1

• 2 weeks later...

Be warned that installing ESS 5.0 or EAV 5.0 in another drive other than your system drive (C:\Program Files) will cause freezes to your computer. :frusty:

PS. Even on a clean install. :fear:

odd i installed it on L drive with no problems.......

unknownasphyxiated

no and no

both use the same method by locking the trial license registry entries

its like forever trial fix

Edited by unknownasphyxiated

Today I update my Eset Smart Security from 5.0.93.0 to 9.0.94.0 and accidentally there is a hang-up with the system. Thereafter error message appears with "Maximum protection is not ensured" with Antivirus protection is disabled. The uninstallation is not working with error message of "This action only applies to installed product" denoting that said software was not properly installed.

Can anyone render help to propose or recommend any possible removal method of ESS to enable reinstallatin again?

Many thanks for the assistance!

• Administrator
Read this. Download the uninstaller. Reboot into safe mode. Run the uninstaller, type "Y" couple of times and you are done. :)

Fast Nsane Learner: Where I can download said uninstaller? There is nowhere I can grab it. Thanks again for the information and assistance!

Be warned that installing ESS 5.0 or EAV 5.0 in another drive other than your system drive (C:\Program Files) will cause freezes to your computer. :frusty: PS. Even on a clean install. :fear:

odd i installed it on L drive with no problems.......

Installed on another drive other than C:\ drive bug seems to be fixed.

Another new bug now is try connecting an external hard drive to your system and it will hang/freeze your system.

Buggy still. :P

Fast Nsane Learner: Thanks for the link and will start to uninstall and let you know the result later.

The uninstallation works like a charm.

Really much appreciated of your kind assistance and thanks a lot !

Edited by hakah

• Administrator

Fast Nsane Learner: Thanks for the link and will start to uninstall and let you know the result later. The uninstallation works like a charm. Really much appreciated of your kind assistance and thanks a lot !

Most welcome. :)