Downloads won't work?

DES_1001

If the downloads from our proxy(all fixes reside on the proxy) don't work for you then it's most likely a problem on your end. Please follow a few simple steps that should solve the problem:

• Turn of your firewall. (If you use Windows Firewall go to step 5)
  • Try to download the file. (If the download still won't work go to step 5)
  • If it works you should check the settings/options of your firewall and look for something along the lines of 'Block referals', 'Referer block' or 'Stealth mode'.
  • If you find any of these options Disable them, after that enable your firewall again and try to download the file. If it works you are done.
  • Check your browsers settings/options for something like 'Block referals', 'Referer block' or 'Stealth mode'.
  • If you find any of these options Disable them. After that restart your browser and try to download the file. If it works you are done.
If you followed all these steps closely and your download still doesn't work you should make a post in this topic stating the error you got and which file(s) you were trying to download.

Click here for special info on ESET.

Click here for special info on Tab Mix Plus for Firefox.

; shought

----------Original message by DES_1001----------

not too sure if this is the right place to post this! if not i will say sorry now :thumbsup: Anyway each time i go onto the mian front page i now get this message

We have detected you are blocking referal requests, some downloads may NOT work as a result!

Please check your browser, firewall, and/or proxy settings to make sure referals are properly sent.

could someone please tell me how i need to set things up? thanks

• Replies 696
  • Views 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. what web browser are you using?

2. what firewall are you using, check in the system tray (next to the clock)?

check in the options of both and look for something along the lines of "block referals", "referer block", or "stealth mode" and disable it :thumbsup:

edit: moved to feedback and pinned, i know alot of people are ganna be asking about this :blink:

pps: Outpost users are now warned specificly if the option is enabled

thanks for replying :thumbsup: my browser is ie6 and my firewall is the latest version of Zonealarm pro. Just tried turning off my firewall and the downloads work! have also found the setting for stelth mode but when i turn stelth off i still can not download!

boulder omen

im having a problem with my IE whenever i click on one of the links to download something or even open a new page it makes a new IE window to display it but the page never loads it just hangs there. it only works if i copy and paste the link into the current window that i clicked the link on. do u think this has to do with the referals also?

boulder omen

I get the page cannot be displayed error. and i had to copy and paste the link to get it to show that, i never had this problem before untill a couple of days ago. :-/

I cant get anything from the proxy

I use Avant Browser on top of IE 7 and sygate pro beta

cant even find anything on referals in any of the options including the router

I run through a westgate dsl wireless router.

any other downloads, besides the proxy, work

HELP

stealth mode has always been off

edit: sorry they seem to be working now

Does the proxy go down alot?

• 6 months later...

I tried to download the key for Kapersky A-V but is says server not found. could the server be down again?

• 1 month later...

:frusty:

:D

:frusty:

Thu 27 Apr 06

Hello. A 'newby' here with an issue to address.

I (too) have had several links for progs & patches not work. I have spent much time & cannot find a way around this. I have tried various tricks, such as disabling my FrWl-AnVr, etc. (even ALL at once) to NO avail. I worked thru a few probs w/in the FireFox brwsr & my FrWl (I even un-installed the FrWl), but, I find it necessary to keep my Kerio (SunBelt) dis-abled when dnlding (a.t.t.).

Some links work--others don't. Ex: SpyWrDoc (patch ok, but not prog); DC++ won't d/l; NERO ok but not patch; etc, etc.

......b.t.w.--I have had the same prob with my other tower (diff mobo, etc) yet, much less problematic.

Any tips anyone?

BioStar M7VIG Pro, w/AMD 2600+, 512 OCZ ram (soon up to 1gb), 160gb W.D. 8mb cache, Lite-On ROM & 16x DvD burner, several "pretty" lights & cables--blah, blah...

["Man has not evolved an inch, from the slime which spawned him"]..

Guest Guest_Zigge_*

Hey I noticed there are alot of links down. Just to list some winamp patcher, winrar patcher, nod32 patcher. For my windows its a new copy just installed today it doesn't have a AV and its all up to date with the regular windows firewall. Thanks.

Hey I noticed there are alot of links down. Just to list some winamp patcher, winrar patcher, nod32 patcher. For my windows its a new copy just installed today it doesn't have a AV and its all up to date with the regular windows firewall. Thanks.

get your self a copy of avast from filesharing help while your waiting for nod here....or...get "avg free" from avg

Guest Guest_Zigge_*

sorry for the 2X post but here what I got trying to download bm-sc-alcohol1953823.zip

"Temporarily offline due to hosting issues..."

• 1 month later...

I can't get kazaa cleanup 1.25 to work, also memory turbo 4?

Do u get any errors during installation or after installation ?

there is also a bunch of good AV's on -SNIP- under security softwares.

Admin Edit: Advertising your site isn't allowed, as per the board rules.

there is also a bunch of good AV's on -SNIP- under security softwares.

Admin Edit: Advertising your site isn't allowed, as per the board rules.

sorry

I tried downloading sygate and the link is down, thats probably because the prog is old. is there somewhere else reliable that I can get it? I tried on BT but it had a virus in it.

EDIT: I found one off of google.

Guest Guest_INFAMY_*

i get this message:

CPU Load is too High!

Sorry, the current CPU usage is too high to allow visitors.

Please try again in a few moments.

Current Load: 21.77%

Maximum Allowed: 10.00%

• Matt featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Matt unpinned this topic

Archived