Which is the best fix for ESS/EAV at the moment?

shought

ESS/EAV  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the best fix/solution

• Eset Alternate Update Server
    • Marsufix
    • Box fix
    • Temdono fix
    • NodLogin
    • Generador

Please reply if you have any to add to this list, only the fixes that do a good job should be added. This case we won't have fixes with 0 votes...

So if you're choice isn't there, first notify me so i can add it and then vote for it! Later on, when we have all the 'top' fixes, you can just pick other as a choice. For that reason i deleted 'Other' for now.

• Replies 33
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm using temdono's atm...saw it wasn't in the list so i chose other

Shit, should've mentioned that in my first post: If you have another good choice, please tell it to me first so i can add it and vote for it when it's in the list. You couldn't know that marik, my bad :)

Which version is Temdono fix at now?

And what version of Box fix is the latest? Or should i list more of them, since it comes in flavors, so it seems...

Edit: Is there some way you as member of the 'Site Staff' could change your vote after i added Temdono's fix? Lol, i already did it, so it seems...

Edit 2: Does this ViP thing have anything to do with my 800th post? Or is it just because i've become a Volunteer in Probation? :) Or a Very interesting Person...

I'm using Temdono. I hate seeing the orange icon when I use nodlogin(since my desktop is darkish-blue) and I don't have any access to the other fixes. lol

Well, i'll add my choice (for now) too: I'm just using the Eset Alternate Update server. No hassle, only thing is you get your updates 1-4 hours later then the first people who get them... I don't care, Eset's heuristics are the best out there so i (practically) don't have to worry about that.

I decided to not post the version numbers of the fix(es), except for box fix(es) maybe because they come in flavors, but then someone should clarify all of them and pick the best 2 or something.

I'm using the 'Eset Alternate Update Server' myself as I find it to be the most unintrusive. Do admit, however - I've not tried out any of the others.

I'm using the 'Eset Alternate Update Server' myself as I find it to be the most unintrusive. Do admit, however - I've not tried out any of the others.

Neither have i, but that's because i'm waiting for a fix that you just have to install and then you never see anything of it again.

"Generador 4b" is the best, I'm thinking.

This works in the same way that NodLogin, and it's a product of aRC (Ulisessoft), but not puting any user/pass to your ESS/EAV and retrieving updates from original COMMERCIAL ESET SERVERS to a HD folder. After updates to HD folder becomes, you can update your ESS/EAV easyly modifying your update server to this HD folder.

No red/orange icons, no expiration messages, no user/pass needed, patches nothing to your original software.

Works OK for all ESET (V3: ESS/EAV, V2, 32/64Bit) but only for COMMERCIAL versions (not trial).

Another nice is "TNOD USER & PASS FINDER 0.5.3" (from Tukero blog), this works in the same way of NodLogin (needs COMMERCIAL versions), but it's OPEN SOURCE, and the creator provides SOURCE CODE (PHP) for customize it (user/pass servers, etc.).

I don't like "Trial fixes" generally, because I like commercial software if it's possible.

This works in the same way that NodLogin, and it's a product of aRC (Ulisessoft), but not puting any user/pass to your ESS/EAV and retrieving updates from original COMMERCIAL ESET SERVERS to a HD folder. After updates to HD folder becomes, you can update your ESS/EAV easyly modifying your update server to this HD folder.

No red/orange icons, no expiration messages, no user/pass needed, patches nothing to your original software.

Works OK for all ESET (V3: ESS/EAV, V2, 32/64Bit) but only for COMMERCIAL versions (not trial).

Another nice is "TNOD USER & PASS FINDER 0.5.3" (from Tukero blog), this works in the same way of NodLogin (needs COMMERCIAL versions), but it's OPEN SOURCE, and the creator provides SOURCE CODE (PHP) for customize it (user/pass servers, etc.).

I don't like "Trial fixes" generally, because I like commercial software if it's possible.

Ok, i added Generador, but don't really understand how exactly it works... How does it get it's update from an commercial server without using a username/password. Or does it use a username/password, but just not in ESS. This would be like simulating that ESS is asking for the updates with a legit username/password?

I didn't add the other one since it's the same as NodLogin. If you really want me to add that one i will, but i don't think it'll catch a lot of votes.

Temdono fix has the lead for now, followed by Eset Alternate Update server and Marsufix. I thought Marsufix was the best one at the moment?

Ok, i added Generador, but don't really understand how exactly it works... How does it get it's update from an commercial server without using a username/password. Or does it use a username/password, but just not in ESS. This would be like simulating that ESS is asking for the updates with a legit username/password?

I didn't add the other one since it's the same as NodLogin. If you really want me to add that one i will, but i don't think it'll catch a lot of votes.

Temdono fix has the lead for now, followed by Eset Alternate Update server and Marsufix. I thought Marsufix was the best one at the moment?

"Generador" uses a user/pass retrieved from a server (user/pass database, the same NodLogin uses), if there is a valid for your program version, uses it for connect to ESET COMMERCIAL SERVERS (typically u40.eset.com/nod_upd/) and download updates to a predefined HD folder (typically C:/Update or other you predefined). This HD folder is the one you must choose in update servers configuration (ESS/EAV update configuration) for update/upgrade it.

"Generador" creates a ".Ver" file for only update you need (only news are downloaded).

Resuming:

First execution creates a ".Ini" file for v2 or v3 versions.

(himself actions when you execute it or scheduled execution by scheduled task manager):

1-Uses a user/pass from a server database.

2-Asks ESET SERVERS for update/upgrade with this retrieved user/pass.

3-Checks current "Long.Ver" file.

4-Downloads the news retrieved updates to a user predefined HD folder.

5-Writes a new updated "Long.Ver" file.

When your ESS/EAV updates automatically or manually, does this from the user predefined HD folder if it's switched in ESS/EAV update servers configuration.

For MarsuFix, I don't know if is the best because this and others involved only "trial versions" that I don't use.

Thanks!

Well, i'm using MarsuFix 2.1, Installed it, en never saw it again :frusty: XD

works good, updates every day, en always works :rolleyes:

hi

i am using dasumo 3.0 fix but no 1 is talking abt ot... is there any thing wrong in it .... it updates daily but i am in doubt because of its own 3 update servers.. if any 1 knows..plz let me know..tnxxxxxx

Gotta go with MarsuFix 2.1, installed and don't think about it twice. And nice touch with the installer.

the :rolleyes: MarsuFix 2.1, with all Eset trial servers added manually by Box his instruction text. :sneaky:

works perfect!

Ah, i see that the Marsufix has taken the lead. As i thought. Still no votes for Box fix?

Shit, should've mentioned that in my first post: If you have another good choice, please tell it to me first so i can add it and vote for it when it's in the list. You couldn't know that marik, my bad :rolleyes:

Which version is Temdono fix at now?

And what version of Box fix is the latest? Or should i list more of them, since it comes in flavors, so it seems...

Edit: Is there some way you as member of the 'Site Staff' could change your vote after i added Temdono's fix? Lol, i already did it, so it seems...

Edit 2: Does this ViP thing have anything to do with my 800th post? Or is it just because i've become a Volunteer in Probation? :sneaky: Or a Very interesting Person...

It is...

• 3 months later...

Which fix actually also provides core updates?

Or do you alwasy have to download the full version and aply the fix again?

box4ever manual.

got it to work i think

• 1 month later...

well I don't know how much his fix evolved but nodlogin can be used on any OS, without any incompatibilities.

and unlike other patches, you can update your eav/ess as you please without having to install the patch 1st

and I just like to see a valid license expires on xx.xx.xxxx rather than 30 days of trial left

Archived